Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Weekend day trip to Copenhagen - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Weekend day trip to Copenhagen

Sparky

• Gold FFM

Need to try and align some planets here.

Some of you may remember that I popped over to CPH a coupla years ago to do some work on Kim Poulsen's Esprits - a really fun day out!  Well, I was speaking with Kim at MBW t'other day and we were discussing the possibility of doing it again as a social.

Coincidentally, BA have recently launched some very nice day trip fares, and LHR to CPH and back again is currently going at £89 return all in.  CPH (and its environs) is home to a few Lotus enthusiasts, so we thought it might be fun to get a gang together for a whirlwind Saturday visit, meet a few owners and their cars, and have a beer or two.

There's a lot to match up - don't know how long the fares will be available, or how many they'll sell on a particular day.  Also need to find a day agreeable to most, but it really needs to happen sometime in May or June.

So, from either side - UK or Denmark - who's interested?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Or about twice that for a real airline.  Free drinks in Euro Traveller on BA!

When you PM'd me earlier I did think that, Erik - but I think it's just a bit too early...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

No, no - £89 return!

Original post edited to remove ambiguity an all that.

• Gold FFM

I have him now muhahahaha

May still be able too, I finish work at the end of April so only have my voluntary work to keep me busy.

My sister lives 15 mins from the airport which is why it's a regular trip.

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

• Gold FFM

Has Denmark lifted your restriction then, Mr. A?

• Gold FFM

So, declarations of interes so far:

1. Sparky (much-travelled philanthropist)

2. Bibs (much-travelled and always pissed)

3. internets (always somewhere)

4. Whirlybird (frequently there)

5. Advantage (likely to get fingered there)

So, declarations of interes so far:

1. Sparky (much-travelled philanthropist)

2. Bibs (much-travelled and always pissed)

3. internets (always somewhere)

4. Whirlybird (frequently there)

5. Advantage (likely to get fingered there)

6. Cliff (gghc87) (subject to date )

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

1. Sparky  17/5 - Y  31/5 - Y
2. Bibs
3. internets
4. Whirlybird  17/5 - Y (he'll be there already)  31/5 - ?
5. Advantage
6. Cliff 

So, let's assume a gang of 6 at present.  Still require the voting of the Danish jury, but in the meantime, give me a Y/N for the following dates (both can be Y):

17 May

31 May

• Gold FFM

It was never suggested!  See post 1.

Might be that the fares don't extend that long and call me picky, but me and Easyjet is a bit like Damien and churches.

Anyhow, I can do it any time - just thinking of the cheap deals for others.  You want July?  I'm in.  But I'll probably do a May or June first.

• Gold FFM

OK, so July an option too!  I just need to get things out of the way a bit sharpish this year - got Copenhagen (maybe twice!), Amsterdam with internets for a few drinks/bit of window shopping, Newfoundland a possibility to see Felix/Denise, Antigua (running out of rum) and maybe a California/Nevada/Arizona road trip.  And diary is filling up with motors.  It's going to be a bit silly.

So, still sounding out for those may dates for a CPH recce...

That's right Spary!! Newfoundland it is...  Lot's of Pyrat and English Harbour RUM!!  You can stock up here, no problem unless we drink it all :)

17 May. No

31 May. No

:-(

Sorry

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein