Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Weekend day trip to Copenhagen - Page 10 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Weekend day trip to Copenhagen

Sparky

• Gold FFM

So, full mission details below.  Kim has worked long and hard on stuff that will keep us entertained throughout the day...

Dep LHR 0710, Arr CPH 0955.
Greeted at airport by Kim, Yasou and Jaques.
We each buy a 24 hour City Pass for DKK80 that gives access to all transportation in Copenhagen.
Kim and Sparky leave for sacred mission to Sweden.
All others leave by Metro for Nørreport and by foot to Sögreni of Copenhagen who make bikes... http://sogrenibikes.com/
Kim and Sparky will rejoin the group here.
Leaving Sögreni of Copenhagen for a restaurant. Lunch menu: smorgasbord with schnaps and beer.  :w00t: 
After lunch, we board the Harbour waterbus (same ticket) for some sightseeing.
The Waterbus returns to Nyhavn where we will relax over some Danish beers before going to the Metro (15 min) to the Airport. 
Arrive CPH in time for 1950 departure to LHR, ETA 2050.

Back to mine for a nightcap, or possibly a modicum of debauchery at that world-famous high-class establishment, The Horns.

Approximately 10 hours between flights, but this will pass surprisingly quickly (alcohol may play a part).  Good luck, chaps!

John, this is the test case for the more ambitious transatlantic excursion.  And with BA now flying direct to Austin...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

" And with BA now flying direct to Austin..."

And so they do, Sparky. You now have no excuse for not performing my cam belts change. 

The wife and I were researching decking materials at a local retail outlet a few days ago when I chanced to look up (I always do when I hear the sound of turbines overhead) and lo 'n behold there was the underbelly of a BA 787 serenely flying the last few miles to the airpatch...and on time to boot! It was the first time I had ever seen an actual 787 in flight. "Rule Britannia!" I hummed reflexively.  :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

No worries - we've changed to Duracell batteries.

Just say when, John.  Sounds like an interesting weekend.   :D

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Are you bringing the "lift?" It's a bit of a squeeze without one.  :lol:

Best of luck with your tonsillectomy...better you than me.  :D

(I still remember being put under with ether [in the days when the occasional exploding patient fell into the "acceptable losses" category]. Is unlimited ice cream still the "digestif" of the day, post op?)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

Apparently, as is the way of all sound scientific advice, the ice cream idea was rubbish.  I hear they now favour crisps/chips!

If it were possible to access the bladder via the piehole instead of the peehole, I'd opt for it...

Hope you all have your checkin pinkies poised, boys and girls!

• Gold FFM

Checked in - 24A out, 7A back.

• Gold FFM

Oh great, our lives in your hands.

The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) defines able-bodied passengers (ABPs) as “passengers selected by crewmembers to assist in managing emergency situations if and as required”. 

Under JAR, air operators establish procedures to ensure that seats located at emergency exits are not occupied by passengers whose presence in those seats could adversely affect the safety of passengers or crew members during an emergency evacuation.

Passengers seated at exits: 
* must be physically capable of using the exit; 
* must be capable of understanding the printed and spoken emergency instructions; 
* must be able to visually determine if the exit is safe to open; 
* must have sufficient mobility, strength and dexterity to reach, operate and stow (or otherwise dispose of) the emergency exit; 
* must be able to receive aural information from the crew and to orally communicate that information to other passengers; 
* must be of a minimum age (as established by the air operator) to ensure that he/she has the physical, cognitive and sensory capacity to operate an emergency exit; 
* must not be responsible for another person as this can hinder the opening of the emergency exit; and 
* must not have a condition which might cause them harm by opening the exit.

• Gold FFM

Up to you guys - I provided the marker!

• Gold FFM

Hmmm, Chris and I have no problems with that wonderful app. Maybe it's time you upgraded your Nokia 8310?

Did it on the app for both directions but it only produced one digital boarding card on the phone for the out flight , so I assume the other boarding card will automatically appear when the check in starts up for the return flight later on this evening.

Anyway it says I'm going to Cape town and returning from Sydney so I assume the app knows what its doing.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

You should be able to check in both ways at the same time for a day trip. Works on desktop!