IGNORED

Le Mans 2007

Loteuk

• Gold FFM

1 Bibs

2 Cliff

3 Ade

4 Ian

Pick any time for a beer. Going Thursday back Tuesday.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm def interested - have nothing sorted can i tag along with anyone in the SE? May try and get the Mrs to come...Any tips/prices etc on where to stay...

Thanks,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Rog,

Bit late mate, but you could try Club Valan www.motorsportours.com I have stayed with these people for the last 7 years. for just over

Did Le Mans for the first time in 2005. Had just purchased the esprit and was tempted to take it but ended up going in a friends car. Really pleased I didn't because the camp site (Camping Blue) was rough as hell. It was badly rutted and it would have broken my heart to drive my pride and joy over that surface which is better suited to a tractor! The toilet and shower facilities were crap and we had problems with thieves, particularly on Sunday night.

I still think it's a fantastic event. The dive down, the racing and it's just amazing walking around looking at the cars that are brought over. A petrolheads paradise! Friday night is brilliant fun too watching the cars doing burnouts etc. but was spoilt a bit by a few idiots throwing everything from water to unmentionables into some beautiful cars as they drove by.

I would love to do it again and take the esprit but it would have to a better site with proper parking, security and facilities. The Lotus Seven club had a section ringed off. The security was tight and you needed a pass to get in and out, clean showers, toilets and catering. They even had a marque with a large screen to watch the GP on. I felt green with envy.

Any tips and ideas for sites would be greatly appreciated and if we could get a group/convoy together then that would be even better.

Looking forward to next year.

Brendan

Hi, Brendan,

Check my earlier post about Club Valan who I go with. They do all the things you mentioned the Caterham guys do, including the Marque for watching the Grand Prix on Sunday night. I cant recommend them high enough.

Ade

1 Bibs

2 Cliff

3 Ade

4 Ian

5 Richard (mancunian) going Manchester to Portsmouth Caen Thursday 14th am then Paris air show and festival of speed on the way back!

Lets sort an Esprit meet out!

I saw the water cannon on the orange GT3 last year excellent.

Richard,

Watch out for us again this year, modifications to the device include, uprated fire power (running 4 pumps), full 180 degree firing range, 5 gallon tank, and video screen on the remote for acurate aiming. We will be at Indi corner Fri am and Arnage village Fri night, as long as we do not get arrested. Last year we were pulled by the riot police!! They said we could not squirt water on the road as it was illegal!! (god had better watch out) we only got away with it because we said we were out to get the girls in the crowd with supersoakers, drenching anyone in a convertable or daft enough to leave their windows open, they duely deputised us and sent us on our way. :)

Paris air show, Le Mans, and Festival of Speed, now thats what I call a holiday. ;)

Ade

Very funny.

Reminds me of a story I was told at work a few years ago. A group of guys shared biscuits but one never bought his share so they hatched a plan. They bought a packet of chocolate digestives and coated all but a few of them with Ex-Lax. They put the uncoated ones on the top and at teabreak started passing them round. The guys in on the prank ate the uncoated biscuits but when they came to the victim, they were down to the doctored ones. He pulled one out and a second came with it. "Lucky me," he said. "I'got two." There was no effect for a while and then he disappeared into the bogs.

Didn't turn up for work the next day but when he did turn up, he said something must have upset his stomach because he had to stop at a public toilet on the way home and there was no toilet paper and he had to use his sock.

The story you posted, Bibs, explains why he walked like he did.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...

:)

Do any of you Le Mans veterans have a suggestion of where and when to meet up for a biere? I've only been once before! I'm there from Wednesday night to Sunday night, I hear Friday evening in Arnage may be a good idea but if someone can offer something more specific that would be great :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I rekon 8pm at the bar on the corner of the island in Arnage village. Don't know what it's called but you cant miss it.

Oh and don't forget we will be down at indy corner Fri am from about 10, be there for the best free car show in the world.

Ade

I will keep an eye out for people when I am down there...

I am heading down with my Dad on the 7am Friday Speedferries ferry from Dover and camping at Houx Annexe. Hopefully we will be driving down in the Esprit if my brakes get fixed in time... :)

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

• Gold FFM

Need to do a bit of PMing of Mobile numbers me thinks.

Bibs, taking the LEF marque?

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It's a bit too bulky I think to take all that way and it's a bit pricey too to risk out there.

Although it's not advised to stick your numbers online, I'm aware of the risks, 07973 402532. See ya there :realmad:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Guys.

I hope to watch the drivers parade Friday evening 6 til 8pm so can only make Arnage for 830pm ish.

It depends on my copilot although I may be doing Le Mans solo this year. If I am on my own I will some and say hello and will text Bibs on the day to let you know I am able to meet up.

Look out for my azure blue V8. I did a huge burn out through Anrnage last year which cost me a clutch. Not funny not clever and it went sideways....wont do it again!

Edited by mancunian

Guys.

I hope to watch the drivers parade Friday evening 6 til 8pm so can only make Arnage for 830pm ish.

It depends on my copilot although I may be doing Le Mans solo this year. If I am on my own I will some and say hello and will text Bibs on the day to let you know I am able to meet up.

Look out for my azure blue V8. I did a huge burn out through Anrnage last year which cost me a clutch. Not funny not clever and it went sideways....wont do it again!

Richard,

Did you stay with Valan at the airport last year? If so are you there again this year?

Ade

Adrian,

I stayed in Beausejour last year but did Blue th year before that. I am in Bleu North this year which is right next to the airport.

PM your mobile if you like and I will try and say hello if you are next door.

• Gold FFM

I think I'm probably looking at only 50% chance of Esprit being ready in time. Going to be pi55ed if not fit and ready to go. My fault for leaving it all to last minute I guess. ;)

Hiya

It's been good to read all about Le Mans - you lucky G*ts. I've been to Le Mans about four times. It's the most amazing atmosphere (or certainly was about 10 years ago - ouch!). Arrive (racing), eat (racing), drink (racing), eat (racing), sleep (racing), drink (racing), drink (racing)... you get the picture.

I used to go with a bunch of Triumph owners (used to have a very sexy dolomite). The sights, smells and the whole damn experience is such a laugh. It has to be experienced.

Unfortunately I have essays to write (Zzz) but I will be at Goodwood and very much looking forward to it... you lucky lucky B*..

LouX ;)

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg