Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Ebay-bot] LOTUS ESPRIT GT3 2.0 TURBO (240BHP) 1997 P Reg - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] LOTUS ESPRIT GT3 2.0 TURBO (240BHP) 1997 P Reg

ebay

Ok, someone please put me in my place here, but a '97 GT3 with 54,000 miles for 22,000 pounds?! Isn't this a bit excessive, even with respect to "seasonal pricing"??????

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

People are over pricing GT3 models it seems at the moment. A friend of mine has bought a 98 model late dash example for 13k.same mileage, in excellent order..Whilst it doesn't justify the price on this one, it doesn't look bad. Plenum and cam covers have been repainted in the wrong shade of red..chargecooler still its orginal colour..signs of deeper engine work or just 'tart me up'? Overpriced but it is the best colour :thumbsup:

hmmm overpriced? who sets the value on specific models of car? is it not worth what someone is willing to pay for it?. Just to make it clear I wouldn't buy it at that price but fair play to the guy if he can get it. Maybe someone out there really wants a yellow well looked after GT3 and is going to pay that who knows.

That car was sitting next to mine in the showroom in 2003, straight from the London Lotus Centre I believe. Similar price, it had a very low mileage.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Mine is a 2000 registered GT3 with less miles on the clock and was up for sale not long ago for less than that. Going to re advertise mine again soon

I saw yours up for sale Alex, surprised you didn't sell it.

the original reg of my car was P646 ONO so probably came from the same dealer and must be very near mine in the production run, mine being 22.

As for value should we not be pleased that values seem to be on the up?  I do worry when people talk down the value of Esprits.  You cant buy a good S4s for under £25k now so maybe this is pushing up values of other models as they go out of reach.  S300's, S350's, Essex, and S1's are all now top money so we should not be surprised that other Esprit variants are going up to.

IMO this is a good thing not only for current owners but higher prices will attract more enthusiasts likely to cherish the car and look after it properly rather than those looking for cheap thrills without the finance to look after and maintain the car.

Finally, Darren, everyone knows the best colour for an Esprit is Chrome Orange :thumbsup:

Sellers are putting up the values, but they ain't selling the cars for those prices -

I'm currently looking for a sorted Esprit and as such know pretty much every one on sale at the moment...

A few examples from the top of my head:

Black S4s 75,000 miles in Hedge End - originally dealer asked £22,995 - that was months ago, now at the peak of the season, £19,995

Yellow S4s 21,000 miles at Castle Lotus - £26,950 - been on sale forever (I actually think its pretty worth it considering the low miles)

Green 1996 V8 eBay, 54,000 miles - initially £22,000 Buy now - now hovering around £16,500

Silver Turbo SE, 48,000 miles - £14,995 - originally trying to be sold privately for £11,995 - it's been there for a while

Orange 1997 GT3 with 37,000 miles eBay (keeps reappearing..) £18,000 or so (can't quite recall)

Some cars ARE worth the money - like the S1 at Scott Walker's - very low mileage cars, "Investment grade" and probably looked after....

The issue with a lot of these is that their value can't really appreciate at this point - the S4s with 75,000 miles looks ok but if I bought it I'd have to tear out the engine and have it rebuilt almost instantly as at that point the 910 usually needs some TLC....and even after a rebuild any future buyer would strongarm me into lowering the price even if I had a sparkling S4s rebuilt from the ground up with 120,000 miles on the chassis...

Anyway back to the point - there's been a lot of talk of Esprit prices being on the up, but this chatter seems to have reached the dealers who are finding out about the reality of things - there's likely an upward trend, but not an explosion. I doubt that 54,000 mile GT3 will be sold for 22,000 pounds.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Finally, Darren, everyone knows the best colour for an Esprit is Chrome Orange :thumbsup:

Sorry, Darren, but Adrian is right. Chrome orange is tops.
  • Like 1

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

Sorry to break this to you guys but orange and yellow is so last year titanium is the way to go which makes mine worth at least a million. On the subject of prices I cant see the problem I am happy that they appear to be on the up especially the GT3 (because I got one :P) as for them sitting around for a while at that price well its hardly surprising I don't think most people looking for a new motor get up and think "yes esprit is what I am after :D" if I was to sell mine I would ask around 18k for it and if it didn't sell well no problem ill keep it :).

• Like 1

Lest we not forget the GT3 was a fairly small production run of just 196 cars and is widely regarded as the best handling of the bunch.  Of course I am biased :B)

• Like 2

Double hmmm...

Triple hmmm......

And besides, I am sure its "Norfolk Mustard" rather than "yellow" isn't it?

• Gold FFM

The hmmms have it!  No other colour cuts the mustard.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Lest we not forget the GT3 was a fairly small production run of just 196 cars and is widely regarded as the best handling of the bunch.  Of course I am biased :B)

GT3 is best all other esprit's are junk and worthless  :harhar:

Don't be silly Adrian, that's not biased. I'm sure Sparky has an article saying just that.

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

• Gold FFM

Can't find it anywhere!  Maybe Trev borrowed it...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

You tell em Barrie, i saw them struggling to keep on the same lap when i passed you.

Sparky,

I haven't borrowed that particular worthless piece of drivel written by a blind senseless rookie motoring hack.

Trevor.

You tell em Barrie, i saw them struggling to keep on the same lap when i passed you.

Sparky,

I haven't borrowed that particular worthless piece of drivel written by a blind senseless rookie motoring hack.

Trevor.

Just in case you didn't see it the first time so I posted it twice which coincidently matches the horsepower, cylinders and turbos of the magnificent V8!

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Barrie - what can I say, you were in my way.  Actually, I stupidly chose that day to agree to test an absolutely shite chip.  It won't be seeing the light of day again!

Trevor - the truth hurts.

• Gold FFM

So true mate. One day, maybe, Trev will come to terms with that.