Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Have you tracked your Evora? - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Have you tracked your Evora?

Frimley111R

Yes. Twice last year.

The Evora comes alive on a track, the grip and balance is spot on.

Wear and tear minimal and the car is totally predictable on the limit so no scary moments!

Your Evora's deserve a bit if track time :-)

Do it! ;-)

I've driven a couple of Evora's on track, most recently a Sports Racer around Goodwood. Hugely fast, hugely capable brakes (they've got more balls than me!) and very complimentary to the drivers skills. :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Coming up to the 100yd board for Woodcote at 140mph I did use the brakes! :blink:

Could have braked later, the car was pulling up very easily, maybe a few more laps and I'd have grown a pair! 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Yep 3 or 4 times. Pretty sure I haven't been anywhere near its limits yet. On road tyres it is 4 or 5 seconds quicker than my Elise on Track tyres.

And the best bit is, another day at Goodwood tomorrow. Woohoo.

Yep 3 or 4 times. Pretty sure I haven't been anywhere near its limits yet. On road tyres it is 4 or 5 seconds quicker than my Elise on Track tyres.

And the best bit is, another day at Goodwood tomorrow. Woohoo.

Really? I may pop down to watch.

I have driven many laps of Hethel in an Evora S on the fantastic Lotus Driving Academy days.

The Evora's a real natural on track, honestly remarkable given how well its set up for the road. I thought I was getting the hang of it by the end of my stage 2, and then the instructor did his thing. The full potential of the car is hair raising!

Pits,

Was that Stage 2 Lotus Licence at Hethal in an Evora?

I'm going to book it soon , Jamie at B & C recommended Stage 2 as a starter but thought it was in an Elise... I'd be happy in an Elise but would obviously favour the Evora.

The stage thing has changed a few times, not sure which is which now but we did Elises and Evoras. The Evora just refused to understeer even on a wet skidpan. Exiges definitely understeer more but the so does every other car!

Sold! Must get it booked before another Summer vanishes! Looks like great fun :-)

The stage thing has changed a few times, not sure which is which now but we did Elises and Evoras. The Evora just refused to understeer even on a wet skidpan. Exiges definitely understeer more but the so does every other car!

Sounds brilliant, I'm looking at the diary :-D

Edited by auRouge

• Gold FFM

Really? I may pop down to watch.

Good to see you at Goodwood today Ross and glad you enjoyed the passenger sessions. They are fantastic cars on track. Quicker laps than my previous Elise SC and you really can out brake the Elises and Exiges.

Video from a previous track day:

Good to see you at Goodwood today Ross and glad you enjoyed the passenger sessions. They are fantastic cars on track. Quicker laps than my previous Elise SC and you really can out brake the Elises and Exiges.

Thanks for the passenger rides. I've not been on track for a couple of years and the first few laps were eye opening in a 'shhiiiii.... brake......we're going to die!!!!!!!!' way! I know it always feels quicker from a passenger viewpoint but still... :thumbsup:

• Gold FFM

But you got your own back later with the "what's that strange noise when you brake" comment! ;)

Yes, I threw my 2010 into the barriers at Goodwood not long after I got it! Not too much damage but plastic isn't cheap!! Took my new S Sports Racer to Gurston Down Hill Climb School today - it was brilliant! Probably could have gone faster but older and wiser :-) great car on the hill climb though and a very good value driving day, recommend it.

I think these two pictures show just how good it is.  Minimal roll and attitude change.  Braking with right hand lock on, to acceleration with left hand lock on.

10_zps7cc06f47.jpg

11_zps14dafe8a.jpg

Bob Fogle and I drove down to Orlando in 2012 for LOG 32 and did the track day at Sebring. Given all I'd heard about how rough the track was, I used the 18"/19" wheels, but I didn't really think it was that rough and if I did it again I'd go with the 19"/20" wheels and tires.

Sebring's a pisser. A bit frustrating though since despite three Skip Barber classes they stuck me in the novice category...and we ended up lapping every other car in all five sessions.

Had a blast at the end of the day with lead instructor, Dave Nagler, driving his Elise, but by then his tires were shot--worn and overheated--and we spun out on turn 16 after several laps. Still, great fun.

By the way, there wasn't a cloud in the sky for days, all while Bob's and my place were getting pounded by Superstorm Sandy. We lucked out. 

And Lime Rock is always a pisser. 

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S