Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S2 re-fitting tailgate spring and bolt - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S2 re-fitting tailgate spring and bolt

So after zinc-plating I'm having some difficulty with the tailgate spring mechanism. I've put the bolt and spring back in, but it won't go all the way through the hole, so I can't get any spring action. It goes as far as the thread then that's it. Maybe after the zinc plating the fraction added to the surfaces is enough so it won't fit anymore? Is the bolt meant to go all the way through the hole?

Thought I'd make sure before I pull out the file!

13997687097_bababa8737_o.jpg

Edited by Freemason

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've put the bolt and  spring back in, but it won't go all the way through the hole, so I can't get any spring action.

Happens to me all the time, especially after a couple of pints.  :devil:

Cheers,

John W

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a pic of an original tailgate bolt off an S1 or preferably S2? I'm not sure mine is original, in which case I'd like to get one fabricated.

IMG_2451_zpss5g5nx0q.jpg

Edited by Freemason

• 2 years later...