Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Upgrading to Evora S in Dubai - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Upgrading to Evora S in Dubai

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I also post on the US forum, but I thought I would sign up here as well. I wanted to respond to somebody in the Evora general chat who was thinking about ordering a Lamborghini Ithaca Verde Evora . . . which I did two months ago. It arrived over the weekend and the local dealer/agent in Dubai is finishing up the details before handing the car over to me in a couple of days. I'm trading in my 2010 white Evora n/a I bought two years ago. I went a year and a half without a Lotus agent here--they just opened their doors about 6 months ago. It's nice to know I have support 15 minutes away should I run into trouble.

Anyway, I'll post some more pics over in Evora general chat. I was a bit worried about the color choice not having seen it in person. But now that I've seen it I'm really pleased and excited to see what other changes a 4 year newer S will bring.

post-17334-0-26116800-1401222333.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that, it really suits the car....and of course it'll look amazing in Dubai sun!  :smoke:

Are there many Evoras, or for that matter Lotus's over there? 

Thanks . . . I haven't seen it in the sun yet, but I think you're right!

There are a rapidly growing number of Evoras here. Prior to Al Futtaim opening the Lotus dealership in Dubai last October (or so), there was a dealership in Oman. The Oman dealer has stopped selling Lotuses now and had been sending the cars they couldn't sell over to small dealerships in Dubai to sell. I bought my 2010 in 2012--it had sat unsold for about a 1 1/2 years. At that time, there were a handful of Evoras at best in Dubai.

I don't have the firm numbers now (the dealer is a bit coy), but every time I go to the showroom there are new cars and the old ones are sold. I think they have sold more Evoras in the last 6 months than were sold in the entire UK last year. But don't quote me on that. They will begin selling the Exige S in September I think.

Before all of that there was a small group of Exige/Elise owners who had imported the cars or purchased them from various places (like Saudi Arabia).

Nice, I pop over to Dubai a fair bit, hope to see it one day.

I'd love to show it off . . . I'm here most of the year, but run away for the summer.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Bill. :welcome:

I don't mind that colour either. Different to the run of the mill colours.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Welcome and congratulations on being one of the Lotus flag-bearers over there.  Great colour, though you may get a few "is it a Lambo" questions from the less well-informed!  The other IV one I saw was in the US and the bold colour was rather spoiled in side profile by the Federal reflectors whereas yours has a clean sweep of colour.  Looking forward to seeing some more pictures.

Thanks, guys. Really appreciate the welcome. I posted more pictures over in the Evora Picture thread in Evora Chat. I'll try to take some pictures outside at some point. It really is intense in the sun.

On another very cool note, the agent here in Dubai delivered a gift from Lotus UK--a book documenting the making of my car in the factory in Hethel. They told me they would take some shots and give me a hard copy when I picked up the car. I have to admit, I was expecting some printouts on A4 paper. I certainly wasn't expecting a hard bound book with about 16 pages of photos documenting the process. So very cool . . . and politically savvy! Didn't cost much, but it makes me all the more brand loyal.

Here are a few pics . . . but they covered the whole process from the bare chassis all the way through to the end.

post-17334-0-73271500-1401741981.jpg

post-17334-0-20968100-1401741983.jpg

post-17334-0-26120000-1401741984.jpg

post-17334-0-26840400-1401742027.jpg

the photo Thing is really really sensational - I asked for o n e photo within the production process when ordering the car but did not get it unfortunately - well, I have to admit in the first half of 2012 they maybe had other thoughts at Hethel than making a photo of my car ......