Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
To de badge or rebadge - photoshop fun - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

To de badge or rebadge - photoshop fun

Just wondering what the Evora would look like with some different badging on the rear. So quick and dirty in Photoshop for these options

1) leave as is

opt6_zpsa3d98702.jpg

2) remove Evora badge

opt5_zpsb5b326d5.jpg

3) change lettering to black for Lotus

opt2_zps9670f47c.jpg

4) remove all badges

opt4_zps6e7282ec.jpg

5) black badge

opt3_zpsc92f2eb6.jpg

6) lotus badge

opt1_zps470937f1.jpg

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

So re black letters, how much for a new set ?

Alternative is to remove and paint, but what adhesive do people recommend for putting them back on ?

Re wheels , I love the two tone look. I always find all black wheels just blend in to the tyres. The only exception is when you have a silver rim to break it up....bit like classic 911's on Fuch's :).

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Hmmm might be worth trying plastidip in situ on the letters based in this

Could also try black wheels and if I don't like them just peel it off ;)

• Like 2

I'm partial to the black letters. I spec'd them on my car to match the black bezel on the rear tail lights. Once they switched those from chrome, they should have switched the letters, too. Except on the darker color paint cars--they need the chrome letters to be visible.

The "a" on the Evora of my old 2010 n/a was torn off somehow. I debadged the rest of the Evora, which looked fine.

I love the idea of plastidip. I can see it playing a role in my life some time soon :)

Do it, just don't use a screwdriver like he is. You can get all plastic potentiometer trimmers which will be much kinder to your paint work and won't mark it at all!!!! :thumbsup:

Chunky Lover

Black looks the best IMO on your car.

That vid was fascinating in how easily it was to peel to a shape. I assume its a little rubberised but pretty tough. I'd like to experinemt with that too. Now where's my wife's car keys....

• Like 1

I'd remove the Evora badge and go black with the lotus lettering. Can anyone recommend where to get the lettering as can't seem to find at the usual places :/

I'm a bit wary of the plastidip, for example how resilient is it to car washing etc..?

www.alias23.com

From the service parts list:

Badge, L O T U S, 'raised gloss black' letters A132U0988S On rear transom

Badge, 'Evora', rear transom A132U0989S Gloss black

Badge 'S' A132U0990S Gloss black 1 Evora S

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I ordered the black badges for mine from JCT. They were on back order (like everything else) until recently. I removed the old ones with dental floss after making a template of where to fit them but JCT fitted them while the car was being serviced.

I had requested new rear lights with black bezels when they were changed under warranty (chrome peeled) but I felt it looked odd with only the bezels in black and everything else in chrome. It looks much better now with black letters, and I've also blacked around the reversing light and fog light with wide black tape. I was going to remove and Plastidip them but it's a rear bumper off job to get them out.

My previous Evora badge lost its A while cleaning, I need to be more careful with this one.

My previous Evora badge lost its A while cleaning, I need to be more careful with this one.

This happened to me with my previous Evora before they even delivered the car. With no Lotus dealership in the country at the time, there wasn't much I could do about it so I debadged the Evora. On the new car I'm hoping the S will protect the A somehow. There's probably a double entendre in there somewhere.  :huh:

I assume you mean instead of no model name at all. Most people are confused enough as it is when they see the car, so I would say yes if only to stop them asking what it is all the time. Perhaps everything in black but keep the 's' in chrome so it stands out more?