Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Weight of engine and gearbox? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Weight of engine and gearbox?

I have an engine hoist, that has several settings for the arm, does anyone know the weight of the engine and gearbox as one unit? As I don't want it tipping over.

Thanks

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this it's 190kg or 418lbs... the Renault gearbox is 168lb.

The two together aren't very heavy for a normal engine hoist, but the hoist does need to extend far into the engine bay!

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/8347-weight-of-the-910-engine-inc-turbo-ccooler-etc/

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I have a feeling it's going to have to come out side ways at max arm length it has a rating of 150kg it's a Clark cfc500f

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

You can use a hoist mate check my build pics it's a nightmare because the engine is so far forward I used a wooden board to protect the back of the boot panel as I lifted it's possible but take care with it . Second time I used a fork lift on the way in ill use a car lift and roll the car under it

I don't think the hoist I have us man enough at full stretch the weight is 150kg

Amateurs built the Ark

The 2 ton hoist I used was 1/2 ton at full extension, also reaches 62".  The smaller version wouldn't reach my engine, for proper centering, when I was leaving the gear box in place

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

so would a 1 ton with a 250Kg  limit at full stretch do?

at current i have borrowed a 1/2 ton with 190Kg at full stretch or do i use this from the side set at the shorter 250Kg setting?

Amateurs built the Ark

I think you should probably remove the gear box first, then the engine...

The manual says to remove as one unit, think the one I have is to short on the arm.

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

When I weighed the S4 engine several years ago it was 143kgs. That was for a fully assembled motor including f/w, clutch and water pump, exhaust manifold but no turbo, complete inlet assembly and plenum, a/c bracket and the two mounting arms. The Renault gearbox weighs 52kgs. That's 195kgs/429lbs for both. Reasonably light for a motor-gearbox assembly.

DanR

Here she is, in from the side.. Looks like i did the engine & box separately. I thought I'd done them together. They came out as one I know that 

DSC05359.jpg

Coming out

SP_A0969.jpg

SP_A0970.jpg

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

I think I need finger pointing lessons, and Simon there seems to be no fires in the background.

from the side it is then.

Amateurs built the Ark

Indeed no fires, but I can assure you it is me, not just a photoshop of my chiseled good looks onto some other hunks body....

I think we took the N/S rear wheel off to make the approach easier and more room for maneuver .

Chunky Lover

I though it was unusual that George Clooney was helping you out.

Amateurs built the Ark