Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus news soon - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus news soon

I've heard, from someone, from somewhere, that a new interior and a small facelift for the Evora will come, no idea when but soon. For sure, It's not a joke. May be it would come with a new Euro 6 compliance engine. About that, Lotus must be ready for september 2015. It's not a secret !

The facelift Evora should have been launched a long time ago...

Why? Just read here and 90% will tell you the Evora still looks aces! :2guns:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

You can bolt on a facelift but you have to build a better car..... So far Lotus haven't made anything new or improved in years.

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Evora- 2009.... It's 2014.  I guess when things move so slowly 5 yrs. must seem like yesterday..

And seriously what improvements have been made to the Evora in 5 yrs. ?

I was going to disagree with you, but now I have to (almost) agree. The Evora was definitively a step forward and something new, but that is five years back. And, though I love my car, one must admit that even then the step forward is only in relation to the Eliges, but not in comparison to what an Esprit could/should have been in 2008.

Almost agree because the Exige S with the V6 engine is at least from the performance a big step forward. Albeit the design and 2/3rds of the chassis arestill from the Elige designed in the 90's.

OK, performance is not a step forward in comparison to the RS211, but the V6 engine does hold longer :huh:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Eek! Just read this thread and made me question my decision to buy right now :/

I'm not well up enough on Lotus to know their mindset, and concerned if a new or facelift model is launched next year how will this impact on the current Evora? Guess any cars sold this year will be the ones to take the biggest hit depreciation wise.

Bibs' comment worries me that any announcement made now will have a big negative impact on current sales, which leads me to believe it's something worth waiting for!

I appreciate it's not all about residual value, but no one likes throwing money away especially when they've had a heads up on something in the offing very soon.

Aargh!... If only I had a crystal ball!!!

Just remember, in Lotus history it's the S1 version that's worth the money and why waste potentially a year of smiles waiting for something you don't know is happening or not! :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Evora- 2009.... It's 2014.  I guess when things move so slowly 5 yrs. must seem like yesterday..

And seriously what improvements have been made to the Evora in 5 yrs. ?

The changes have been subtle but if you sit in a 2009 car and a 2014 car the difference is night and day.

Lotus really can't win. If they announce a new car no one buys the existing model, if they announce a face lift everyone knows a facelift comes before a new model so.......

If you like what's on offer buy it, you may not be around when the new model is finally released.

• Like 1

@@@ronin:

ca 140 changes with the start of MY 2012........

As mentioned by softlips:

Be happy and proud what Lotus build today - don´t be unhappy because of what Lotus builds not................

• Like 1

Agree for today !!!!!!!!!

Just from a brief look at most of the Lotus dealer websites and with no other basis, ignoring a few brand new ones, I am struck by how few SH Evoras seem to be stocked at the moment. B&C have none, others just one or two. Stocks run down for any reason?

@@@ronin:

ca 140 changes with the start of MY 2012........

As mentioned by softlips:

Be happy and proud what Lotus build today - don´t be unhappy because of what Lotus builds not................

140 fixes is not something to be proud of. It would piss me off if I bought an early Evora.

I would have been happy to buy the Esprit model or the Elan when shown. But Lotus couldn't build and even sell a properly GT4 body spec car in the US.

Lotus marketing have no clue how to sell the car.... But there is stock of base Evoras coming back to the US from China.

• Like 1

At least Lotus did something about the quality issues, to get that car on the road at all , let alone produce a stunner is something to be very proud of, especially on the Evora budget. It's not fair to say all of the 140 were 'fixes' either, a lot of the changes were improvements, for example the interior. Aston did that with the Vantage, no big deal and that was another car that took a few years to get right sorted, likewise McLaren had it's fair share of niggles with the MP4-12C, both manufacturers that probably spent more on coffee for the design team than Lotus could muster on the entire Evora project! 

• Like 1

Having an affair with another marque... B-)