Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time Warp Eclat Riviera - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Time Warp Eclat Riviera

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Quite - wow! Where did you find that ?

They crop up every now and again, I also have an Esprit S2 that hasn't turned a wheel since 1991, stored in a real genuine actual barn !!!

SDC16079_zpsad452bea.jpg

That does look like a nice one David!

Thanks for sharing the pics

Dunc

Thanks Duncan, it is a beaut, if you are passing Enfield anytime drop by and have a gander.

David

That is lovely, the JPS scheme suits it a treat. I would have thought the carpet should have been beige to match the trim, but then if it had been wet inside the headliner would be down, and it's original mouse fur.

Inertia belts in the rear too

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

That is lovely, the JPS scheme suits it a treat. I would have thought the carpet should have been beige to match the trim, but then if it had been wet inside the headliner would be down, and it's original mouse fur.

Inertia belts in the rear too

The black carpet is definitely original to the car, in keeping with the black and gold theme, only the drivers side mat shows signs of wear, the leather is a gold colour quite unlike any other of my 24 Lotuses I have owned to date, headlining is original and when purchased there was not a single sign of mould or moisture anywhere inside the car, if you want to preserve your car cover it in about 20 thick blankets !!!!

David

Very nice. You going to sell it?

Haven't decided yet, I want to keep either the Esprit or the Riviera, wish I could keep both but not practical, so one will have to go, bit of a dilemma, will decide one way or another in a few weeks.

David

Wow. Most definetly the benchmark for all of us, without the chance ever to reach it.

3point belts at the rear? Were these stock options?

Factory option I believe at the time, from the look of the rear seats I doubt very much that anyone has ever sat in them and of course the car was only on the road for less than 8 years.

David

David,

wow very nice, where did you find it, any more under the blankets. drool, drool, enjoy.

John

They are out there John, you are not looking hard enough !!!

Wish there was a steady supply of them in this condition but in reality most are basket cases.

Have to say this is the best condition out of all the 24 Lotuses I have owned, including a 3 year old Excel SE I bought for £11,000 in 1989 and a 4 year old Esprit S2 I bought in 1982.

David

Looks great, that is the best I`ve seen David- (BTW saw a very tidy black Eclat Riviera with cloth seats in the  Beaulieu Autojumble auction 2 years ago-but it had a bit of cardboard on the dash warning of no water or something....! )

Edited by basalte

Looks great, that is the best I`ve seen David- (BTW saw a very tidy black Eclat Riviera with cloth seats in the  Beaulieu Autojumble auction 2 years ago-but it had a bit of cardboard on the dash warning of no water or something....! )

Thanks Dan, drop by and have a look sometime, how's the Elite hopefully not still giving you problems?

David

Nice Patina.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi David, thanks, still trying to sort Elite out, have not driven it since last October, always cut out when hot :( definitely not the coil and the ballast resistor was a dead end, weak spark persisted, now putting new lumenition and nice recon distributor on-

-should find out if all that`s worked this week,  with any luck !

(Bit of good news- got a workshop manual for it, through a forum member.   Will drop by when it`s fixed ! )

Edited by basalte

Amazing.....I always wonder what mindset you must have to abandon a car just because it has 'minor issues'.

Looking great there David

Thanks Brian, you are the only other Lotus owner that has so far seen it in the flesh, as it were.

Hope your trip to Le Mans in the MGB was successful.

David

After weeks of agonizing I have decided that it is the Esprit that I want to keep but it was a close run thing, particulary as my wife prefers the Riviera, and it is in far better condition than the Esprit, nevertheless my mind is made up so will be putting the Riviera on Ebay soon.

David