Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel sender seal - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel sender seal

When I replaced the left fuel tank last year I used the old seal on the sender.  I have since had to remover the sender again to rotate it to get it to work properly.  The upshot of which is the seal is now a bit knackered and alowing a smell of petrol into the cabin.  Question is do I need the rubber seal or can I use a silcone gasket sealant instead, and if so which type/make would you recommend?  Using gasket sealant would also make the sender easier to fir as lining up the bolts and the seal is a bit of a nightmare.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Always best to use the right seal...naughty not changing it in the first place! You have lines as punishment.... I must replace seals as a matter of good practice. Ten times please :)

I made mine from a sheet of fancy ( expensive) rubber from the internet.  Cant remember what it was called ( began with a V I think)  but was supposed to be proof against the latest fuel and its additives.  Shame all the carb rubbers probably wont be!!!!  Not sure I would use silicone as would be worried about bits dropping into the tank.

Viton is fuelproof, silcone isn't. Silicone fuelhoses have a fuel resistant liner on the inside.

The gasket A082L6161F - Gasket Fuel Gauge Sender Unit is available in the TLF Shop.

Esprit Freak