Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Essex - how much? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Essex - how much?

Davswilson

Can't say I've came across one before in the classifieds but how much are you talking for an Essex? Of course it would be condition dependant but as a guide?

And Yess i Think its worth it, Mid 30k's i mean, what a great good looking esprit and ofcourse the limited edition..

Magazine article last year said Essex Esprits are/could be £45k+ in good/mint condition but supply is so low it's hard to say. 

Intuitively EUR 47K for that car feels very high. This months Club Lotus magazine has an 1987 HC Turbo with an MOT for £4k albeit the advert says it needs work/respray 

Hi Stradman,

do they really ask 47k for that car, just because its a LHD car?

i also had a LHD car and it has run 19.000 km (11.800 miles)

and yess it was a white car from 1982 with black leather,

i sold it unseen, to finland, for 20.000 euro the car was allready standing a long time,

but 47K is way to much in my eyes for a late turbo example

but they are rare LHD turbo esprits, we all know that,

Hi Stradman,

i sold it unseen, to finland, for 20.000 euro the car was allready standing a long time,

Yup! That's what he is asking. Whether he gets it I don't know. I remember seeing yours for sale last year and I remember you were asking 21k right? I agree however that 47k is a huge jump but what I told him was good luck with sale!....

I know that when I win the lottery there are about 5 people in the UK that can name their price and make a fortune out of me!

• Like 1

Yup! That's what he is asking. Whether he gets it I don't know. I remember seeing yours for sale last year and I remember you were asking 21k right? I agree however that 47k is a huge jump but what I told him was good luck with sale!....

Thats right i ask 21K and i get 20K so i am happy,

and also that owner in finland, maby i sold it to cheap??

but this car needed some TLC...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stradman,

Hi

Do you remember what the buyer’s name was? I think that the car is not registered to Finland, because I can't find it on import tax database.

I have seen the 47k car it is ok but well over priced. Car was on sale for about 33k, I think that he paid less than 30k couple months ago. Guy is trying a make a living….

On that white turbo as well as having the bumper painted black there seems to be some fixing holes added on the corners? Also fitting fog lights in the air intake scoop?

Buddsy

Mudflabs were required in the 80's here in Finland. Those fogs look ugly on my opinion, but was fashionable in the 80's.

Very hard to value an Essex. The numbers are so low it's a case of paying what it takes to persuade the owner to sell it. But I don't think £45k sounds unrealistic at all for the best examples. Maybe in the unlikely event of a forced sale you might be able to negotiate it lower but come on, when Ferrari 308s are selling at £80k, £45k looks like a bargain for a mint Essex.

Then there's whether you'd prefer a totally restored car like Steve's or an original car like Barry's. No two buyers would value both cars the same. All I know is that Barrie has turned down some pretty good offers (including one from me! ;)) but good for him frankly, the Essex is so rare and special it should be worth something. For those who don't see what the fuss is about, lucky them! They can just get a newer Giugiaro Turbo and save themselves a packet!

If a barn find came up it should be worth top dollar minus restoration costs. No idea what a body off restoration costs, most here seem to do it themselves. But if it was around £30k that should mean a total wreck should be worth about £15k. A no brainer for anyone who can do all the restoration work themselves. But I could easily see two or more buyers fighting over a barn find and the price would get pushed up higher.

I always wanted an Essex but ran out of patience waiting for a good one to come up so went for an (even rarer ;)) Essex spec car that did come up for sale instead. 

• Like 1

Buddsy,

There is a 1987 HCi (K jetronic) here in Canberra Australia that is absolutely original and has black bumpers.

Extremely rare G-Car, only 2 RHD ever made I am told, but definitely original black bumpers.

Only 14000km as well.

Neil

Edited by Neil Trama

• 7 months later...

think there will be a LHD essex going up for sale soon .Be interesting to see how much

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

How do you know Pete? i also wanne watch what the price will do,

or must i sell my 340r for bidding on it?

LOL...  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke: 

I saw it today guys and it is lovely genuine car, there are the usual stone chips but generally the car is top notch and interior is mint with the roof stereo all intact. I have had left hookers before and have to say that despite being able to sell them in more countries I am really not a fan. However having seen how nice this car is It will be well in to the 40's and worth every penny. If a bog standard 308 QV is 80+ then this is utterly mad that this car is not right up there as well due to it rarity the fact is was designed by two utter Genii!  

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

What's the mileage on the Essex Christian?

The two tone Limited Edition HC Turbo in the same dealer has been there a while now at £35k - seems like they've positioned that at strong asking money. Will be interested to see where they pitch a LHD Essex.....?

Edited by stephenwhyte

What's the mileage on the Essex Christian?

The two tone Limited Edition HC Turbo in the same dealer has been there a while now at £35k - seems like they've positioned that at strong asking money. Will be interested to see where they pitch a LHD Essex.....?

think it will be the high 40`s

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

milage looked to be 60000 km ish I think so 37000 mioles ish. I have to say it really did look very nice,  the leather on the Essex looked really great. it does look to have been really well looked after. Obvioulsy cant tell what it was like underneath but it was very clean. radio looks cool but I still prefer my sun roof! 

Thanks Christian - look forward to seeing the car when it's advertised. Any idea when it will be ready for sale?

Edited by stephenwhyte

Thanks Christian - look forward to seeing the car when it's advertised. Any idea when it will be ready for sale?

sorry no idea