Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New member from Atlanta Georgia - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New member from Atlanta Georgia

tfi204

Hello,

I am the owner of a very nice 1990 Esprit Turbo. I found you guys and love the web site. It is hard to find Lotus owners around here, so I'm reaching out to learn more about getting envolved with events and making the most out of this wonderfull car. I wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for all the support I know I will be getting as my progression in forum continues.

Thanks again and Hello

Chuck

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum, Chuck!

Let's see some pictures! :blink:

- T

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Welcome, hope to hear your views and experiances. :blink:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

WOW....... Thanks everyone for the replies. I am impressed at the welcomes from you guys. I will post a picture or two in just a bit, the weather is rainy here so once it clears up I'll send them out. I'm listing my email address, i would love to here for owners and make friends.

chuck@tridentfidelityinsurance.com

This is my company so if have insuring questions I can help you out.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get some replacement carpet for my 1990 Esprit? I want exact fit. The price I'm getting around here is $1400.00 and it has to fabricated.

thanks for any help.

Chuck

'Reaching out' - cool, that's so NYPD Blue!

Welcome - and try some of the UK parts people (maybe SJ or others listed on LEW's pages), or even the factory, as I'm sure you'll beat $1400 INCLUDING freight to Atlanta.

Enjoy your car. 1990 was a VERY good vintage...

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Cooee! Chuck from Oz, welcome.

Very smart car.

When I did my carpets I wore off all of my fingerprints ripping out the old ones. (Damn these office hands!)

Iain :)

that is so funny, sounds like good craftmanship to me :lol:

Chuck,

Going by your avatar picture, if your car is the one I think it is (from St. Petersburg, FL), then I highly congratulate you on your purchase. I think it is a very noteworthy car (I'll let you talk about it). :lol:

Cheers,

Tony

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Chuck,

Going by your avatar picture, if your car is the one I think it is (from St. Petersburg, FL), then I highly congratulate you on your purchase. I think it is a very noteworthy car (I'll let you talk about it). :)

Cheers,

Tony

Yes, Tony that is the car. It turned out to be a fantstic purchase. The owner was very honest and we got the car for what has turned out to be the deal of a life time for a Lotus. So, Tony, you mentioned it was noteworthy, is there something about it that you can share :lol:

Edited by Trident Fidelity

• Gold FFM

Welcome to the forum Chuck.

Got my carpet from www.sjsportscars.co.uk about 4-5 years ago. Can't remember how much but much less than you are quoting. They do offer Worldwide Mail Order if any good. Good hunting

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

WOW....... Thanks everyone for the replies. I am impressed at the welcomes from you guys. I will post a picture or two in just a bit, the weather is rainy here so once it clears up I'll send them out. I'm listing my email address, i would love to here for owners and make friends.

chuck@tridentfidelityinsurance.com

This is my company so if have insuring questions I can help you out.

Welcome Chuck!

Your dues are due now...Please forward insurance certificates to all forum members. Otherwise, your experience will become very hostile.

200px-User_Unfriendly_Cover.png

Yes, Tony that is the car. It turned out to be a fantstic purchase. The owner was very honest and we got the car for what has turned out to be the deal of a life time for a Lotus. So, Tony, you mentioned it was noteworthy, is there something about it that you can share :lol:

I think the fact that your car has covered 158,000+ MILES is so BITCHIN' AWESOME!! Most people in the States are afraid to drive their Esprits. The fact that yours was used as a DAILY and has racked up that kind of mileage and has been MAINTAINED is phenomenal.

I'm sure there's someone on this forum with more miles on their Esprit, but yours has the highest I am aware of in the States. B)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Gulp...of course the speedo only reads to 99,999, so that could have been a shock revelation to Chuck (hopefully not).

Esprits LOVE being daily drivers (did 130,000 miles in 7 years when I first bought mine).

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Hi Chuck

check out getting the factory to make them. They'll fit and cost a lot less than $1,400. Expect circa $600.

I know as i work here !!!

Also to collect them did you know our USA HQ is in Duluth GA? Equally you have a local dealer dealer Lotus of Atlanta you'd actually collect them from.

Once you order from us it'll take us about 4 weeks to make them.

Gooner

(UK)

Parts Supplying Lotus God

yes, this is a car with some miles on it. The owner was very honest, in fact too honest. He bought the car in 1992 from a friend who was a pit crew chief for the Lutos racing team. The seller has also done all the service on this car. Just a few days ago it ate an 06' Mustang GT for a qucik snack. He told us the milage stopped rolling over at 50k a few years ago. He really had no idea how many miles were on it. He said 150k in the add because he really had no way of telling. this guy was about 70 yrs old, very well off with ocean waves crashing in his back yard. A friend listed it for him. He thought the miles were more around the 80k range. Now you tell me....... would you jump on this baby for $11,900.00. We saw it and put and put the cash in his hand without even driving the car. It has always been garage kept and could easily be sold for 3 times what we paid for it. I fall alseep at night smilling. In fact my face has stretch marks from all the smiles. :)

Ok, Certificates of insurance here.... Get'em while they last. :lol:

:) You mean the 158k miles is not true?

Awwwwww. :P

I showed the ad to a friend of mine who is a habitual car buyer (he easily buys 1-3 cars per month) and told him how cool I thought that was with that kind of mileage, and like a good friend does, peer pressured him to buy it. He almost hit the "Buy It Now" button but decided that a 1997 XJR suited him better. :lol:

But hey, if the mileage is actually only half of that, then, for the price, all I can say is WOW! The steal of all Esprits indeed!!!! B)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Does anyone have a picture of just the Lotus Logo? I am working on a small web page and i can't seem to find one that I do not have to crop other stuff any from it.

Thanks for any help