IGNORED

Lotus Car Show LA, California

Guy W Johnson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh... I'm finally with a free enough schedule that I may be able to make one, and I miss it :mellow: oh well. Thing wasn't running right anyway :mellow:

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

We missed you, Slade.

Gonzalo and Paul from Camarillo were there along with Guy, of course, and Ken from Autosport.

Guy was in his Cobra and I in my Honda. My car had played up the previous weekend not making out of my street and it's not a long street.

We were there for an hour and a half or so and a couple went to lunch at Duke's on PCH.

It was good to see some Esprits close up. Haven't stood next to an Esprit apart from mine since I bought it. And it was good to meet the guys. Nice bunch and nice cars.

Afraid I don't have photos but Guy took some and my post them.

Hoping to have the car ready for the next one.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I missed it :(

It was definitely fun to talk cars. I would have definitely gone to Duke's if my car had not dropped the vacuum pump the day before...

vacuumpump005sb1.jpg

That belt was still on my car at the meet, so you can understand my apprehension to drive through the canyons on the way to the beach.

The Toys For Tots Show in Westlake Village was off the hook. There were 10 Esprits there at one point and a ton of Elises which showed up in a long convoy. It was the first time I have been to this event, and it made VCR/Super Car Sunday look tiny. This was the show the guy on the bicycle handed out a flyer to us while we were talking. Saw Gonzalo there, his car was on the end...

Mine was the oldest Esprit there :lol: No G Type representing I'm afraid.

rainbowofespritsqr3.jpg

carshowt4t164wt6.jpg

Edited by Paul93Lotus

Nice to see you guys can get together too. Nice pics. Now maybe we can expect to see some of you at our meetings? We even had 2 Elise owners from the states at Stoneleigh part fair!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Good gathering of Esprit's. Seem to be of the newer varieity - all round light versions.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Nice row of Esprits there, thanks for sharing photos B)

And the weather is a bit different than ours at the moment, got rain and temperature +7celsius :lol:

It was 75 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze. Sorry to rub it in.

Awesome weather for a car show!

• 3 weeks later...
Good gathering of Esprit's. Seem to be of the newer varieity - all round light versions.

Yup, most were V8's, 5 or 6 were MY02 and newer, and 3 of those were Final Editions.

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq