Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sports exhaust for S4s - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sports exhaust for S4s

sew

I'm considering a sports exhaust. Preferably twin exit with a nice deep note.

Does anyone know of somewhere in the Kent area and which make of exhaust to go for?

Appreciate any advice

P.S. For a twin exit obviously the black diffuser (or what ever it's called) beneath the bumper will need to be removed. Will a V8 one fit ?

Regards

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is powerflow in Ashford if you want something made to order or Bibs can supply exhausts through the site.

P.S. For a twin exit obviously the black diffuser (or what ever it's called) beneath the bumper will need to be removed. Will a V8 one fit ?

Regards

I just cut mine and used fiberglass etc to get it sorted. Have seen a few people who have done the same.

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

Replace Cat with a Sports/Free Flow version! Huge difference to sound and response!

If you don't feel guilty about running entirely without Cats then go that route too...you get the above, plus flames!

Just getting rid of the stock exhaust is ok, but replacing both components really rounds the package off.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Do I leave the Cats alone? Or replace with a sports Cat pipe?

Catless, just keep it in the garage & refit for the MOT. :devil:

Cheers,

John W

Catless, just keep it in the garage & refit for the MOT. :devil:

...or move to another country where they don't have MOTs. :-)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Where is that?

I have the Quicksilver (with the small silencer) as per Bibs link, and I will install a sportscat and pipe this Winter. Works great and sounds great. Deep and throaty.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Good timing. I'm looking at getting a new exhaust too. The Lotus Dealer by me does the Quicksilver ones... has anyone heard a comparison between the 'no silencer' and 'tiny silencer' options? I want my car to sound good, but I wouldn't want long journeys to require ear plugs so at the moment I'm heading for the one with the box. It's lovely and quiet at the moment.

Conversely, I want my car to be quieter.

Get a stock exhaust if you don't have one, and make sure you have a factory cat with the monolith active in all directions. It'll sound like a Vauxhall Corsa. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Thanks for all the replies. I've been quoted by Maidstone Sports Cars near me for both options regarding the Cat.

It's going in tomorrow to have the slave cylinder replaced so I will confirm which make of exhaust he supplies.

I agree with Vanya about the sound from the stock car. Sounds flat, dampened and very uninspireing. I have tried a few standard cars.

On the other hand, I am sure some would say that the Quicksilver exhaust is a bit loud. The non-silenced version is very loud.

The SJ version is also dampened a Little bit and is has a different charracter than the Quicksilver one.

Assing a sportscat and tube will makeit a bit more loud and free some ponies (I've read). I have bought it, but not had time yet to install it (the sportscat and it's tube).

Btw. I have had to repair the right side exhaust bracket as it was poorly welded. i had it strenghened at the same time to prevent it happening again.

I would get the Quicksilver silenced (a bit) one any day again.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Put 'Lotus Esprit Exhaust' into an Ebay search and a Cybox one comes up for £290 including postage.

Single exhaust but stainless and you only have to wait a few months before all the stuffing gets blasted out the back and it becomes, erm 'throaty'.

:)

• Like 1

I drove  a 650 Kilometer trip with my wife on the motorway and highway etc, and it was absolutely no problem, no noise, no discomfort, no ringing for the ears. I would willingly take it on a cross Europe tour with no mods to the quicksilver exhaust.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

I've got the Larini twin exit on my S4s. Love the sound of it though it is quite loud but with the windows wound up I don't find it tiring on motorway journeys or anything, cabin seems to be quite well soundproofed.

The only issue I had with it was a dodgy weld on one support bracket which they replaced no problem..

Also it can set of a few car alarms when driving through the works car park  :devil:

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

This was jimblob's from last year... although it's in a garage so can't tell exactly what the sound would be like outside. A few more before and after videos would be nice. When I change mine I'll try and get a video made outside somewhere.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/60748-quicksilver-silenced-exhaust/
--------------------------------
Although the more people talk about flames the more I want a straight through pipe and ear plugs
(
)