Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Use Cup paint mask as template for vinyl? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Use Cup paint mask as template for vinyl?

Really like the black painted front lower valance and rear of the Cup.

As I'm terrified to have vinyl installed where they would have to cut it in situ, I was thinking about ordering the original paint masks, as per Deroure, and then use these as a template to have the vinyl cut in one piece. 

paintmask.jpg

Questions:

1) what do you think, can this work?  My main concern is to actually apply the one piece vinyl?

2) anybody have any experience with such "paint masks"?  Are they thin plastic?

3) the rear paint mask is listed 57.70 GBP, which is a bit steep for a paint mask... the front is not listed, does anybody have an idea wrt the price for the front one?

Edited by Milton1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, so this is what you get when you order the rear mask

2c8479b1b2ceeb576f69f5612df9ea25_zps179f

It's just the 2 top radius lines. If you want them you can have them I'll mail them to you.

I took mine to a company that does a lot of commercial work for me, and any decent trimmer won't damage the surface - well on mine they haven't but I was watching them :)

Dtu

Black n gold

Hi Stu,

your car is in fact the only one in my Pictures\Lotus\Vinyl folder! :thumbsup:

Looks perfect!

Although I had thought about a full Cup look for mine I decided that it was probably a bit too much for the std S. So I just had the rear partially wrapped as there was just too much WHITE....the other colours seem to get away with it better I think.

9e9cfe5a9dc6bf67d83d72d3e489595c_zpse7d5

PS: I've sent you a PM :secret:

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if the Exige is the same as Evora but the factory clear vinyl templates would not cover the same amount of car as you would want for black.  I did the same process looking at the SR look for my Evora (swithering paint or wrap) and even looking at the 3rd party applied clear add on to the front be able to get it to 'wrap' it has to be be larger or you will see the edges.  After I had the old stuff removed and then the car sprayed I then added the factory clear panels again and they do not cover everything painted.

I'm maybe not understanding which bits you are wanting to wrap on the Exige though!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023