Canon 70D

Bibs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have You thought of investing in a full frame camera, and one that can shoot video in raw format, it's quite a bit more money but will give you the best of both worlds for shooting stills and video. Had a lecture today on the strengths and weaknesses of DSLR video shooting vs a dedicated camcorder

Yes.  Bought a 70D a couple of months back.  The guys at work were so impressed they each bought one as well.  Touch screen is to die for.  Much easier to navigate than the current Nikons.

Moon pic taken a couple of weeks back.  Great clarity.  Interior party shots show great colour balance.

post-41-0-92382200-1416345514.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Since most of the pictures I take end up on the internet do I need full frame?

This will be my 3rd Canon so I've a collection of lenses, hence sticking with the brand I think. I know how they work too. I like the idea of the touchscreen and also built in wifi of the 70D. Alex, I don't take that much video and if it's RAW I'll have to spend even longer processing it when the 600D seems to do a good job of that so far. 

I'll have a look at the 5D all the same, be nice if Jessops were still open locally so I could go and have a play with them, always used them in the past. I must admit thought I've found a swivel screen very useful for high/low shots so will lose what I consider to be a good functionality. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Swivel screen tops, wifi is super too. Stream straight to the ipad/iphone. Did i mention the touchscreen... Pinch and zoom pics plus the ability to focus by touching the screen. Oh, and the touchscreen.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I don't have a touchscreen. :(

Obviously only the cool kids.

Do you have white tape around your glasses as well? :harhar:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)