Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Look what Q has brought for us. Isn't it nice ? - Page 5 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Look what Q has brought for us. Isn't it nice ?

Aha! Time to buy some drift pins then...

Not needed. Screw an old bolt in one end and give it a good whacking to loosen it.  It will drift out the inner threaded rod (which you are discarding anyway ?) past the plastic bushes, which will get destroyed in the process.  The plastic bushes are a little difficult to remove - I put a long bolt in the other end and drifted out the bushes from the inside.

• 4 weeks later...

I should be showing the car at the Hornsea Carnival with @JNW3 and his white S1 in July, hurry up and bring yours too! 

http://www.clublotus.co.uk/news/club-news-events/hornsey-carnival-july-4th-2015-2-4pm.aspx

That looks very nice indeed. Will you be at Brooklands?

Jon, I like the wheels which kit did u use for polishing? Don't think I'll be finished by then. Keep finding more jobs! Still waiting for boot carpets from S and J.

Jon, I like the wheels which kit did u use for polishing? Don't think I'll be finished by then. Keep finding more jobs! Still waiting for boot carpets from S and J.

600 grade wet and dry paper used wet to remove the worst imperfections, followed by 1200 grade, then coarse and fine polishes.

There are better/bigger ones out there, but I used a two stage polishing mop kit from Halfords - £15. 

Your car looks great Jon!

I have an original Colorado Orange car here in the States that is a restoration project.  Your car gives me much inspiration.

Currently I am working on a Roman Bronze S1, and am working on the interior.  I've sourced a close match on the carpet but not yet on the seat fabric.  Can you tell me where you purchased your seat fabric? 

Thanks,

Mike 

Can you tell me where you purchased your seat fabric? 

Hi Mike, actually I didn't need to re-trim my seats, they were in great condition having been replaced shortly before I acquired the car 20 years ago with a pair of factory new seats - very lucky. As close a match as I could find for the beige material for the other parts came from AS Trim in the UK 

Mushroom Brushed Nylon Foam Backed Headlining 3m x 1.45m

I followed TonyK's lead over on the s1s2s3 Yahoo group site for the brown "Marcasite" alternative :

I found something REALLY CLOSE to MARCASITE - Esprit Chat - The ...

and ordered 8 yards from Joann Fabrics in the US http://www.joann.com/home-decor-fabric-crypton-suede-chocolate/9206251.html- there was plenty left over :

post-3309-0-70587700-1429643515.png

post-3309-0-32929800-1429643833.jpg

post-3309-0-73012500-1429643825.jpg

post-3309-0-91388100-1429643817.jpg

Jon,

Thanks for the info.

I live in the same town as TonyK, I bought the Crypton Suede from JoAnn Fabrics, and also we shopped around for shag carpet since my car is mid-late production it most likely had this type of carpet.  We ended up finding a close match at Target in their bath mat area of all places. He is making up the pieces for me now. 

Thanks again,

Mike

• Like 1

I say old chap. Your motor car look well sick isn't it!  

;-)

Stunning work. Hat duly tipped.

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit - Richard Pryor -1971

Jon, need to dismantle door completely and rebuild. How does the beam come out? The door is complete and painted? Also have to order new A2 hinge bolts are they UNF, metric, or BSF thread? Thanks.

The door hinge bolts that attach the brackets through the body are either 1/2" UNF or 7/16" UNF depending on the bolt fitted - it seems to vary, I had both. The bolts that attach the beam to the brackets are standard M12 thread. You will need a couple of spring washers and a hardened steel penny washer spacer per bracket. I re-used my penny washers.

I say old chap. Your motor car look well sick isn't it!  

;-)

Very funny :