Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Car Window Stickers - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Car Window Stickers

Bibs

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ +1 too :lol:

simple, no car , the LEF logo.com and the Lotus Logo

something along the lines of this :)

sunstrip1.jpg

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

^^ +1 too :lol:

simple, no car , the LEF logo.com and the Lotus Logo

something along the lines of this :)

sunstrip1.jpg

I have to say that does look pretty good... only thing would be perhaps to move the Lotus logo a bit further to the left ????

What about this with G & S cars present????

Any thoughts?

Alex (can you see what it is yet?)

If it was going to be this sort of design i think the cars in profile look best... it gives the cleanest most uncluttered lines

I have to say that does look pretty good... only thing would be perhaps to move the Lotus logo a bit further to the left ????

If it was going to be this sort of design i think the cars in profile look best... it gives the cleanest most uncluttered lines

Why dont we get a G & S car side by side in profile etc , take some decent photos and add them to the logo. I made mine by hunting down odds and sods of images on the web. I think tha tby get the right photos ourselves we will get the best profile image for a sticker.

The two logo one is not bad, I must say

Alex

sunstrip2.jpg

is this somthing like??

the idea of the cars ... how about,

side line drawn profile of an S1 (pointing towards logo) / LEF logo / side line drawn profile of a V8 (pointing towards logo)

ie Car> / logo / <caR

i would try to do it but my software came out with win95 :lol:

i think it would be best if they were not photos, but Line Drawn. who wants a photo of someone elses car on theirs :)

ooh, how about 1976 >car> / LEW logo / <car< 2004 :)

Edited by dodgy154

sunstrip2.jpg

is this somthing like??

the idea of the cars ... how about,

side line drawn profile of an S1 (pointing towards logo) / LEF logo / side line drawn profile of a V8 (pointing towards logo)

ie Car> / logo / <caR

i would try to do it but my software came out with win95 :lol:

i think it would be best if they were not photos, but Line Drawn. who wants a photo of someone elses car on theirs :)

ooh, how about 1976 >car> / LEW logo / <car< 2004 :)

Then 76-04 idea is good, the photos would be posterized (or other such effect) to make them look like a line drawing.

alex

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Keep it simple, cheaper and will apeal to more owners.. No cars just text!!! Pictures of cars on badges are so tacky!!! Why, why,why try and make your car tacky by sticking pictures on it???? Please don't do it..

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

76 car - lotus logo - 04 car sounds good to me but i like the side on profile look but hey im biased re the 76 car........

Then again..... i can provide a profile pic of 0100G and i dare say Denise would supply one of the last V8 if you want to make it a historic first to last thing :)

Edited by GordonMasson

I think seeing the car is a good idea. The average person hasn't heard of an Esprit and just text will be meaningless to them. A picture says a 1000 words.

Mark - you've done some really great work on those three side profiles, but I'm still in two minds as to whether we should have a car shown on the sticker. I agree it's great to give people a picture of the car so they know what it's all about, but it'll be stuck on... an Esprit, won't it? Why give 'em a picture when they can walk round the real thing :) Or is the idea that these can be stuck to shopping cars too? Didn't Kato have some "My other car's an Esprit" stickers at one point? :lol:

I'm also hesitant about the sun shade position, as I'd much prefer a smaller sticker for the side windows or rear screen (I appreciate the issues with turbo G-cars and rear screens). I have an 8" wide 'Goodwood Revival' rear screen sticker on my car and it's an absolute bonus for blocking glare from headlamps of following traffic at night. Practical and decorative :)

Dan.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Great work guys...

Mark, I think those three designs look superb!

Personally, I'd be happy with most of the designs done so far. The only question for me is how big and where to put the sticker. My own though is to have it fairly small so it can fit in the front or rear quater glass on the side of the car.

just my 2p.

I think seeing the car is a good idea. The average person hasn't heard of an Esprit and just text will be meaningless to them. A picture says a 1000 words.

G Car Sticker (Scale 1:1)

espritturbo-LEF4.jpg

I have to say i do like the car in profile ... do we get to vote S1 :lol::D , S2 or S3???? lol

Just a thought ... did you try the car in profile pointing right to left to see what that looked like?

Car and logo gets my vote

Edited by GordonMasson

Hi, all of these designs have been brilliant!!!!!!

I reckon the sticker should be designed to go on the rear quarter window as all esprits have them and its not as if it will restrict visability due to the fact you can't see a dam thing through them anyway. A simple white lettering design on clear plastic displaying the website address is more than enough. The more complicated the design however good the more expensive it will be and the more people will disagree.

Maybe as suggested before use the web page header design but without the grey background.

These should be able to be produced cheaply enough and it would look classy. Plus by keeping them simple and white/clear then they will suit every colour of car.

whenever i park my car anywhere, i have a printed signs i put on the binnacle, (i am now using the one that Troy printed out for the Factory tour/ Great Yarmouth charity run) which already shows LEW and LEF and NMEG.

whenever i see another Esprit, its always seems to be coming in the other direction, and usually when i am in the everyday one, but then, the same could be happening to me too :)

small signs, the size for the rear quarter light, could easily be printed off on a home printer (all we would need to do is agree on the design ) on photo paper.

the larger sign's, as in the front and rear screens, are more of a problem.

the rear one would not be seen at all on the S3T and would be obscured from view by some of the rear spoilers on the 'S' + 'T' cars.

a tasteful design of sun-strip would be seen by oncoming traffic and the public (most of us reverse into a parking space, possibly due to the poor turning circle) when walking past.

It is going to be very hard to please everyone on the forum :D

how about a design that an individual can print out for free, for the side windows - maybe with a set space for their user-name?

Just a Thought :D

forum going daft again, :D

ok , edit again,

if someone sees a logo in an esprit, anyone will simply just 'have a look' - i have noticed the guests used to be 1 or 2 to 25 - 30 members, its now more like 50 guests to 30 members.

if we can make a logo that would look good on a 'everday' car aswell, we have more chance of getting Esprit owners to have a look.

i went shopping in mine once, a bloke (brian i think) came over a said "i have one of these".

however, the forum had only just started then so i had nothing printed out to give him :)

if there was somthing on my main car, he has more chance of seeing it, and so visiting the forum.

my point,..... i have had too muvh to drink again.. bu##er, forgot my point now :D

Edited by dodgy154

Time for another poll Bibs ??????

I think anyone who has got an interest in how the sticker should look has probably had a say by now.

How about a new poll to finalise

1. Front window, side window, rear window.

2. Pick from the designs we have.

• 1 month later...
Time for another poll Bibs ??????

I think anyone who has got an interest in how the sticker should look has probably had a say by now.

Hang on a mo! I've only just seen this and I'm off to bed now. I've got an idea that I'll try to knock up tomorrow.

Whilst I agree in general that we don't want a picture of a car, some stylised representation of the Esprit would be good so that people who don't know the name of the care can make the association.

@ bigsi - is two-tone (or half-tone) on clear more expensive than one-tone on a solid

colour?

@ Alex - where's your daughter's submission? :D

Phil

More speed, less haste