Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wiper blades, which ones ? - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wiper blades, which ones ?

Hi all, trying to get wiper blades here in Norway, I see there's a 24" Bosch one with a pin, has anyone get a part number or car ref make and year model? I have an 88MY Esprit

What ever  you get make sure its fitted well.  On its first use my new wiper blade shot off over the top of the car to be run over by the car behind.  I have since removed the pin  tapped the hole left and mounted it with a stainless cap head bolt.  Not  as  subtle but it works and is still there.

Yep, I know SJSportscars have them but it's 10 pounds to buy then 10n pounds to ship then it's the customs duty of 24% plus 14 pounds for the post office to work out the VAT and send me the bill, and then it turns up in about three weeks, If I had a compatible part from another car I could just go out and buy one.

Any 24" blade will do, as long as it has the pin fitting. I have a PIAA universal one, does a very good job and came with a range of adapters to fit different cars.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

There really wasn't anything to solve, the PIAA has the holes in the frame and an adapter that locks the pin. I do think I reused the pin from the old wiper or possibly from a Range Rover wiper.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Problem fixed, just bought a AeroTwin AU 24, this has a hole and not a pin, so I cut a M8 thread in the wiper arm pin hole and installed a M8 stud with a little Permobond, looks OK and works well :-)

post-17533-0-07884100-1421954433.jpg

• Love 1

I have tried the very same on my Excel and failed with using the same pin... If you will come across your beauty in the next future, please do me a favour and make a picture of it :)

I'll do that this weekend, no problem. I must admit I don't really trust the pin and have used a small ziptie to secure the locking tab in the wiper arm. After losing a wiper blade on the highway... Bolting in a stud like ^^ would give me even more reassurance.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late... And it doesn't really show much. I did find out I reused the pin from the old Lotus-wiper, first into a blade for a Range Rover, but that was too short at 22" and now in the PIAA 24". It fits straight in.

post-15107-0-61892300-1423724554.jpg

• Like 1

I have tried the very same on my Excel and failed with using the same pin... If you will come across your beauty in the next future, please do me a favour and make a picture of it :)

On my dad's Excel we fitted the wiper arm from a Peugeot 405 so he could use 'normal' hook type wiper blades. 

I did find out I reused the pin from the old Lotus-wiper,

Filip, the pin looks welded into the wiper blade on my SE? Was it hard to remove on your car?

I'm thinking of buying a PIAA "Aero Vogue" (flat). I'm wondering if they will fit on my SE.

Thanks

Cheers

Ian.

Could be mine came with a different brand or type of wiperblade. Truthh be told, I couldn't really check if it was original or just some replacement by the PO... I know some wipers for the Range Rover Classic have the pin welded in, others have a detachable pin, probably cheaper to mass manufacture something that can be used on several vehicles.