Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 46 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

I presume it's the original show one they had that was then updated last? year. I suspect it won't have the revised suspension of the GT 350s but more hp. As per acrobats engine on his conversion.

Kevlar Kids red GTE is close to original spec as may be the Stratton cars.

• Like 1

I've been following him on IG for a few months. As he says, bought it for his wife.

What is a real GTE anyway? The factory cars were officially renamed GT350's when they were sold.... A lot of the components that made them a "GTE" we're removed.....

Its as much a GTE as the rest of them were imo. Not one was the same as the other in terms of spec and trim. (perhaps cars 1+2).

• Like 1

On 13/04/2018 at 06:43, adfer said:

The other four were never produced. If you look at the nose of my car you will see it is slightly longer and sharper than the other cars including the Stratton’s cars

C571B8B2-B77D-4033-A18F-9C1311F03E91.jpeg

Did you end up selling yours?

I see it's on the "Show or Display" list, but I'm not sure if it ever made it to the US? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_or_Display#Vehicles_eligible

• Like 1

I think I am correct in saying adfer originally bought #10 new, but when the expected sale to the US of #9 (carbon) fell through, he sold #10 and bought #9 instead. It has been spotted on here occasionally in the UK. Hopefully he will confirm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I think I am correct in saying adfer originally bought #10 new, but when the expected sale to the US of #9 (carbon) fell through, he sold #10 and bought #9 instead. It has been spotted on here occasionally in the UK. Hopefully he will confirm.

Adfer had two concurrently for quite some time. The carbon and the white one, I believe he just has the carbon one now.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes you’re right. I think he sold them both to buy the carbon one. I can’t remember the build number of his white one, but I think his original intention was to keep that one as an investment and use the black one regularly. He certainly took the black one across to Europe at least once, since he posted up a photo of it next to a German U Boat at a museum over there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I think he sold them both to buy the carbon one

As I said, he HAD the white one at the SAME TIME as the carbon one for some time (2 years?). Maybe he sold the black one to get the carbon one. I'm confusing myself now....

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

OK, I think I’ve cracked it now by researching this thread. Adfer (Andrew) originally bought #10 (black) from Lotus Newcastle. He then added 5k miles to it and put it up for sale to help fund the purchase of #9 (carbon) in July 2015, when the original sale to the US fell through. In addition to this, he also bought #17 (white) in October 2015. This is the one that showed up for sale quite recently at a dealer in Belgium, so it was obviously sold on at some point. I am guessing that the carbon car is still in his ownership.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I haven’t confirmed it myself yet, but some sites are claiming it was recently added to the Show or Display list. https://www.showordisplay.com/2021/04/vehicles-determine-eligible-for.html

4 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

OK, I think I’ve cracked it now by researching this thread. Adfer (Andrew) originally bought #10 (black) from Lotus Newcastle. He then added 5k miles to it and put it up for sale to help fund the purchase of #9 (carbon) in July 2015, when the original sale to the US fell through. In addition to this, he also bought #17 (white) in October 2015. This is the one that showed up for sale quite recently at a dealer in Belgium, so it was obviously sold on at some point. I am guessing that the carbon car is still in his ownership.

What was the list price on #9 in July 2015? (Not trying to make a claim about it’s current value, more curious about the historical value.)

Is domguy’s car technically considered to be the same spec as #9 by Lotus (i.e. Evora GTE F1 Special Edition)?

• Like 1

Only Adfer will know what he paid Lotus for #9 (carbon). I think you see that car in the USA Show or Display list purely because of the originally intended buyer of #9. Maybe it took so long to get listed that the deal fell through. It was the only all carbon fibre bodied car. There are a couple of F1 style liveried GTEs in the UK, but they’re not full carbon. Domguy and bingoking spring to mind, but these are both RHD. In my opinion, only #9 would conform.

• Like 2

Are all of the GTEs technically 2011 cars? I noticed UK folks tend to use their DVLA registration date interchangeable with with the model year.

I'm surprised that there's more LHD cars (12) vs. RHD cars (8), yet none ended up in the US. I would have thought the market value would be higher there too?

17 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Only Adfer will know what he paid Lotus for #9 (carbon). I think you see that car in the USA Show or Display list purely because of the originally intended buyer of #9. Maybe it took so long to get listed that the deal fell through. It was the only all carbon fibre bodied car. There are a couple of F1 style liveried GTEs in the UK, but they’re not full carbon. Domguy and bingoking spring to mind, but these are both RHD. In my opinion, only #9 would conform.

Oh I wasn't trying to ask what he paid for it, just curious about Lotus was asking for it. This is the old listing: https://www.facebook.com/thelotusforums/posts/this-full-carbon-bodied-evora-gte-is-for-sale-lotus-evora-350gt-f1-special-editi/10153323055440586/

Another way of confirming, is if either of their cars is also a 2011. =P 

Edited by hexbit
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, adfer said:

Correct Andy

Indeed I am!  Or maybe I just like GTEs

Ah, there you are! 😄

Was it you who applied for the Show or Display exemption? I'm wondering how you found the process (if you were the one that did it).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hexbit said:

Ah, there you are! 😄

Was it you who applied for the Show or Display exemption? I'm wondering how you found the process (if you were the one that did it).

I’d never even heard of a show or display exemption until now, so it wasn’t me

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, hexbit said:

Are all of the GTEs technically 2011 cars? I noticed UK folks tend to use their DVLA registration date interchangeable with with the model year.

I'm surprised that there's more LHD cars (12) vs. RHD cars (8), yet none ended up in the US. I would have thought the market value would be higher there too?

Lotus themselves registered a few cars in 2011/2012. Mine (#4) is one of these. These started off with “AU61***” or “AU12***” registrations. I think they have since been re-registered onto cherished numbers. The rest of the UK supplied cars (LHD or RHD) were first registered end 2014 and most 2015 on “64” and “15” plates, maybe even a “65” for the last one in October 2015.

There was no difference between the them. Just that the 2011/12 cars were registered in the orthodox manner, whereas (I think) the later cars were IVA registered. If anyone knows for sure that would be useful.

I think the reason for the LHD v RHD split was that Lotus was eyeing the Chinese LHD market and Hong Kong RHD market. Again this requires confirmation. In the end, I don’t think any ended up in mainland China, which is why the LHD cars are now scattered around the UK and Europe. I don’t believe there was any effort to sell the cars in the USA, with the sole exception of Adfer’s #9. As stated above I reckon the originally intended USA customer set the ball rolling with the Show or Display exemption, presumably with some assistance from Lotus Motorsport, but things didn’t progress as quickly as he liked, so he backed out of the deal before the exemption was confirmed.

Now all of the above must be true, because I have just added it to the internet!😜

• Thanks 1

I believe the intended USA  customer kept trying to knock the price down with the result that Lotus Motorsport got tired of trying to agree a price and decided to advertise the car more widely.

• Haha 1

Wasn't Trump was it?  

Personally, glad it stayed in the UK and I know from seeing it in the flesh what a gorgeous machine it is. Stunning.

But then I don't think I've seen a GTE I don't like!  :)

The small print.

Just now, Barrykearley said:

He was 17 a couple of weeks ago 😳

ive bought him a vw polo - it’s being delivered Monday 😬

Dang, you’re holding out! Did you at least let him take the Evora for his road test? 😂

• Gold FFM

Uk only let you start to drive at 17. He has mastered gears and clutch while thrashing a Honda CRV round the fields here which I’ve now sold on 🤪 - yes just a couple of previous careful lady owners 🤫

lessons start next month after his exams - so I want a car here for him to start racking up the hours in. Yes he very much wants to drive the Esprit - castle coombe later in the year me thinks.

• Haha 1

Only here once