Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1st March LEGS Breakfast @ Scottish National Museum of Flight - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1st March LEGS Breakfast @ Scottish National Museum of Flight

We are visiting the Scottish Museums, National Museum of Flight at East Fortune.  Jim Clark used to race here post war when it was still used as a circuit along with places like Crail etc. although no museum for that era.  We have free access to the grounds and the Aviator Café if entering off the Car Park.

All the info and driving directions are available here: http://www.nms.ac.uk/national-museum-of-flight

The place only opens at 10:00 on weekends only due to winter hours so fits in nicely with our usual timing of a 10:00 start.  They are going to cone off an area for us in front of the BAC 1-11 to display the cars and be able to photograph them. I am not sure what the Café fare will be on first opening but I’ll post up more info nearer the time.  I also have to warn them of approximate numbers nearer the time as well, so post up if you might be coming along.  Please only post up on one Forum.

Although you can come and go just doing the Breakfast Club FOC I am sure many will want to take up the chance to see round the exhibits.  It is £8/head but a lot to see and do over a large site - it is an airfield after all.  I can recommend taking the time to do the Concord exhibition as it is probably the best preserved one of the lot having seen some 3 others in various states.  <Marvel at how we have gone backwards with flight innovation and aircraft speed>.  It is all indoors in a dedicated hanger and info/education space, so indoors whatever the weather.  Even the electronic info wand thing you carry round is worthwhile and allows you to go at your own pace.  Lots of other exhibits elsewhere on the grounds.  See the interweb for more info.

There is however a small Motor Museum at Myreton near Aberlady/Gullane area, that some of the clan may visit on the way home after East Fortune or we may make a special visit another time.  Also open until 16:30.  http://www.myretonmotormuseum.co.uk  That will be discussed on the day if anybody is interested or has the time.

So to start the list

1.      Al. + 1.

• Like 1

By the way Brian's post was actually my words that I couldn't post up for some reason from offshore (as our net nanny hates TLF and will not allow new posts to be created) so if anybody has any doubts or questions fire them my way in a PM and not Brian's.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

1. Al. + 1.

2. Gordon +1

3. Hedgerley + 1

4. Sharron + 1

5. Derek + Karen

Edited by Derek

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

Brian

Please add me to your list. I'll probably meet up with Gordon and drive down in convoy from Aberdeen

Are we planning on meeting up at The Gyle?

1. Al. + 1.
2. Gordon +1
3. Hedgerley + 1
4. Sharron + 1
5. Derek + Karen 

6. Kay + Mark

7. Ken London

From Scottish Elises

1. Al. + 1. Already on the LEGS list above
2. Campbell +3
3. Keith & Ann
4. Dom
5. Shug
6. Duggie & Susan
7. Ferg + 1
8. Les +3
9. Kenny
10. Arnold
11 Alan & Gwen

Gordon

I would imagine so but will leave the timings up to Al. as he is organising this one and I won't be there.

Brian

1. Al. + 1.

2. Gordon +1

3. Hedgerley + 1

4. Sharron + 1

5. Derek + Karen

6. Kay + Mark

7. Ken London

8. Andrew + Alister

From Scottish Elises

1. Al. + 1. Already on the LEGS list above

2. Campbell +3

3. Keith & Ann

4. Dom

5. Shug

6. Duggie & Susan

7. Ferg + 1

8. Les +3

9. Kenny

10. Arnold

11 Alan & Gwen

1. Al. + 1.

2. Gordon +1

3. Hedgerley + 1

4. Sharron + 1

5. Derek + Karen

6. Kay + Mark

7. Ken London

8. Andrew + Alister

9. John and Marge

From Scottish Elises

1. Al. + 1.

2. Campbell +3

3. Keith & Ann

4. Dom

5. Shug

6. Duggie & Susan

7. Ferg + 1

8. Les +3

9. Kenny

10. Arnold

11 Alan & Gwen

12 David Kyle, Grant Mitchell, Calum Ross 

1. Al. + 1.

2. Gordon +1

3. Hedgerley + 1

4. Sharron + 1

5. Derek + Karen

6. Kay + Mark

7. Ken London

8. Andrew + Alister

9. John and Marge

10. Alan and Janet

From Scottish Elises

1. Al. + 1.

2. Campbell +3

3. Keith & Ann

4. Dom

5. Shug

6. Duggie & Susan

7. Ferg + 1

8. Les +3

9. Kenny

10. Arnold

11 Alan & Gwen

12 David Kyle, Grant Mitchell, Calum Ross

Hi Gordon,

Sorry that i missed this one somehow.  I'll blame work as the best excuse I can think off as I was then although home a week already.

I hadn't considered it but I guess we can even although at late notice.  Usual place in the Hermiston Gate Retail Park car park looking down on the roundabout.  Meet at 09:15 onwards for a 09:25 to 09:30 or so departure.  It is still  further 28 miles from there and not all fast ones.

Names for this meet-up to judge if any takers?

Al. + 1.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hi Gordon,

Sorry that i missed this one somehow.  I'll blame work as the best excuse I can think off as I was then although home a week already.

I hadn't considered it but I guess we can even although at late notice.  Usual place in the Hermiston Gate Retail Park car park looking down on the roundabout.  Meet at 09:15 onwards for a 09:25 to 09:30 or so departure.  It is still  further 28 miles from there and not all fast ones.

Names for this meet-up to judge if any takers?

Al. + 1.

I am going to the rugby tomorrow and I am staying overnight 10 mins from the Gyle and was planning to meet Ken London (red GT3) there at the back of 9 so at least there will be Ken and I.

Al. + 1

Gordon + 1

Ken + ?

Well despite the weather forecast a few hardy souls braved it today and we had fine weather apart from the biting cold wind.  So to our fair weather friends - you should have tried!   :sofa:

To be honest there was somewhat variable weather over Central Scotland as 40 miles away we left in torrential rain  and gales we got to The National Museum of Flight on schedule.  I think we had 12 Lotus cars turn out in the end although only 11 showing in the photo opportunity as we had another Exile S there.  There were also I think 3 other marques represented as well but we didn't 'allow' :harhar:  them into our photo with the Vulcan (that we weren't supposed to take - :whistle: Shush!) 

We had to leave early for a Golden Wedding lunch on the other side of the Forth (about 8 miles away per the crow and 61 by damn road) so I only got these few shots but Andrew had also arranged some other exhibit to be opened for a Sopwith they are building so hopefully somebody else will post up some more photos.

post-7988-0-93594400-1425240953.jpg

post-7988-0-79396000-1425240954.jpg

Cheers,

Al.

• Like 1

The photos look good ;)

Wish I was there but I made a very conscious decision to put the fuel money saved towards a new gearbox for the Grampian day in August. Ethel ripped up the gearbox on the dyno last year....just a wee bit rattly now :o

Yes great day had by all. After the photo shoot we went off to have a look at the Sopwith one and a half Strutter plane which is being built by volunteers. This project is being funded by donations so if you like to help see link wwww.indigogo.com/projects/get-the-strutter-flying.

post-1953-0-07447600-1425247536.jpg

post-1953-0-31044700-1425247603.jpg

post-1953-0-23818300-1425247651.jpg

• Like 1

Great day out despite the weather :)

post-237-0-93872500-1425300494.jpg

post-237-0-14609700-1425301203.jpg

post-237-0-88252900-1425301260.jpg

post-237-0-14192600-1425301354.jpg

post-237-0-60132900-1425301515.jpg

post-237-0-53664400-1425301594.jpg

post-237-0-95087000-1425301624.jpg

Great shots Gordon.  Sorry Debs & I had to dive off.