Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2015 Concorde Photoshoot with your car! - Page 5 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2015 Concorde Photoshoot with your car!

Hi,

I have a sad question ...

Is there anyway to clean your car before the shoot, as photographing a dirty car will be a shame and it looks like rain for the drive down :(

I can bring a few bits in the car, but could we get hold of a bucket of water, etc?

Also does someone have an agenda for the whole day so I can decide how early to get down there. Thanks.

Chris.J

Sadly the REC carpark drains into the river so no cleaning of cars is permitted in the public areas as the chemicals would contaminate it. I'd suggest you get it cleaned somewhere local to the event beforehand and bring a cloth/detailing spray. 

There's no agenda, it's not that formal an event but I'd like everyone to come as early as you can (event starts at 10am) to fill the car park up please :)

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Sadly the REC carpark drains into the river so no cleaning of cars is permitted in the public areas as the chemicals would contaminate it. I'd suggest you get it cleaned somewhere local to the event beforehand and bring a cloth/detailing spray.

What about those of us who can't use chemicals on our paintjobs anyway and just want to give it a little tickle with some plain ole water? That said, although Dex is in having a full-on spa treatment today, I can probably just bring him a little dirty. Almost like magic no dirt ever shows up in photographs. I'll bring along a defibrillator for the old mob who hyperventilate if they see a speck of dirt on a Lotus.

There's no agenda, it's not that formal an event but I'd like everyone to come as early as you can (event starts at 10am) to fill the car park up please :)

10am? You do realise I'm driving from Fife? Actually, not true, I'm staying at a secret overnight location in the Midlands. But even so, it's a Sunday, there's bible-readings and Church to attend to first. Hoping to be there by 11 latest - presumably I just Google "Brooklands" and there'll be good sign-posting and men in bibs? Erm, not the mental picture I wanted, there.

Spud, from memory walking to byfleet train station last year, I passed a supermarket within the circuit but did not notice if it had a car wash. But definitely passed a hand car wash just before the station. Wether you want them near your car is another matter! Gav

• Like 1

There's s large Tesco just along from the entrance to MBW.

There's a fuel station with momentum 99 fuel and a hand car wash on the Tesco site

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I know you'll all be excited to learn that the sheet is now firmly planted inside Dexter. Now I just have to remember to display it on the day. Gawd this event is just one challenge after another.

Just wondering if anyone @1500 wants to switch with me (1435 currently). I'm in the concours event and the awards ceremony is at 1430. 

I'll need to be there to collect my trophy naturally. That said, I might be a true gent and get someone else to collect it instead.  :queen:

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for attending. I'm really suprised how easy everything went, probably thanks to our marshals, who were putting a presure on me. This time we did not overrun (like we did last year!) and everything was on time! ;) I've got plenty of shots from the whole event and roughly 40-60 of each car with Concorde.

I will contact you (private message) and request your car model, colour and number plates. I will start my work on photos as soon as I get response from you and we agree on final pictures. Please be patient as I've got a lot of photos from this event + group shot on banking + 20 different cars under Concorde.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...