Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 11 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

i think the current exige v6 would be faster than a gt4 arround most tracks..a 400bhp with a limited slip would destroy a gt4

Totally agree.

A friend of mine has a 420bhp (I think, might be a bit more) Komotec V6 Exige S. Around Spa 991 GT3's struggled to pass it. Only after EauRouge did the GT3 have the advantage.

The Exige 400 will be a very fast car, can't wait to see the Lotus vs Porsche battle.

Totally agree.

A friend of mine has a 420bhp (I think, might be a bit more) Komotec V6 Exige S. Around Spa 991 GT3's struggled to pass it. Only after EauRouge did the GT3 have the advantage.

The Exige 400 will be a very fast car, can't wait to see the Lotus vs Porsche battle.

The 991 has the advantage of a gearing better set up for high speed, where the Exige redlines. That gives it the advantage on the long straight (plus its additional HP).

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Plus better aero, lower drag coefficient.

I have to agree that the Evora 400 will look a lot better without that numberplate. It's definitely growing on me.

Just been looking at the lotus web site. Do I understand that the Evora S and Evora SR are going to stay in production alongside the new Evora 400? I certainly looks like it for the moment. At least I guess as long as there is stock of the S and SR left. 

Just been looking at the lotus web site. Do I understand that the Evora S and Evora SR are going to stay in production alongside the new Evora 400? I certainly looks like it for the moment. At least I guess as long as there is stock of the S and SR left. 

Evora 400 production will start soon the first deliveries are expected for the summer but in the meantime the company still has a few S and SR and so do the dealers.  

My dealer is telling me that he had to pick from what was available for his recent deliveries and added he had a greater selection in the SR range than S. No more NA available. This would suggest they are not making any new Evora S or SR. But this is Canada, maybe your dealers in the UK have access to a broader selection.

BTW, my (Canadian) dealer is a bit concerned that the Lotus cars are getting priced up there with no alternative that are more affordable (Elise and Exige are not available here). In C$, they expect the Evora 400 will be around $150k-$160k which is similar to a 911 GT3...wow.

I wish...buying any car in the US is cheaper than in Canada...lots of pseudo regulations, hurdles and taxes to import a car from the US so they can make sure that it doesn't cost you less unfortunately. The other option would be to move to the US :)

Can you imagine what the 1,000 people who work there think of him now? Knob. Wonder what Porsche promised/paid him to write that? Perhaps a German passport if we're lucky enough :D

:)

Agreed, no mean feat.

Also the chargecooler must have added a few kgs (if aircon is 10-15kg, the a CC can't be too far off that, surely?) if so, a net reduction of 22kg is taking quite a bit out of the car.

I think it really deserved more from Evo than the 'Too little, too late?' headline particularly when the GT4 gets 'The return of the road racer - the spectacular new Cayman GT4' on the same front cover.  :thumbdown:

Wasn't sure about restyle at first, though the brake light was to chunky and red badge........ But it has grown on me, love the back. Does look very grown up maybe S Cup style one :P

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

I've been pondering about the 400 and also Harris's commenct for a while now. First off, I still think optically the facelift isn't an improvement. The front is OK, but they missed a chance on the rear. The engine upgrade is definitively a plus. Anyway, I would buy one, certainly in preference of the 911 or Cayman (if I hadn't just chosen the GTE).

But the question is, does that also apply for the majority of potential buyers. The key market segment, dominated by the 911 is growing fast. Despite new entrants like the F-Type and AMG-GT no one is expecting a dip in 911 sales, new models just seem to be absorbed by the immense demand. So, how does the Evora fit in this? Considering the market potential those few Evoras Lotus can build should sell like hotcakes, but will they really? Or will the Evora remain the most underrated sportscar just because it didn't quite hit the market expectations?

And, once you start comparing it to the Cayman GT4 you've just confirmed that you missed the true target market. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

The last sentence from Thomas says it all: The public does not care if the cayman has a wing and is named GT4 etc, bedide the Forums with all the petrolheads the GT4 will Play no huge role.

As Porsche always says: they make Money out of the sales of the 911 esp all the "upgraded" models and their HUUUUUGE Option list - to think the EVORA 400 should attract buyers who think of buying a cayman is wrong, they would never be the typical Person which thinks aof such an exotic as the Evora.

In Autumn I had a nice Chat at my former Business parking Garage in the City with a very well dressed woman in her fifties that was very interested in the Evora (she was driving a high specc 991.................) at THAT audience the Evora should be adressed

• Gold FFM

Source:    http://www.edp24.co.uk

image.jpg

Pushing it?

A clay?

Oh no! Not again! :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

cor blimey, the rear end looks great in that last shot!