Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3-Eleven - Page 8 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3-Eleven

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not sure what that will achieve if all they are going to display the 311.  Looks somewhat a half-hearted attempt I have to say.

I am a bit upset that it´s totally hidden on the official website. Not among the cars in the model range, neither can it be found under the Motorsport heading. 

Even if they have already sold all cars (which I doubt) they should show it on the website. I cannot understand why it´s not there.

??? Its on the main front page of the Lotus website. Are you UK based?

http://www.lotuscars.com/3eleven/

Buddsy

No, I am Sweden based.

You are right, I notice now I can see it in the carousel main picture on the homepage if I wait long enough (comes as picture number 2, the Evora 400 is number one), but that takes quite some time and my guess is that a normal visitor to the site has already navigated somewhere by that time.

If I try to find it via the menu, I cannot do it. 

Edited by kokostrollet
  • Like 1

??? Its on the main front page of the Lotus website. Are you UK based?

http://www.lotuscars.com/3eleven/

Buddsy

It isn't on any of the menus, or listed in the current range. It only comes upper in the scrolling banner image area, if you wait for it to revolve round (the first thing you will see is the Evora 400)

It's not immediately obvious if you click on these images they will take you to the cars sub sites either. Rather it just looks like some fancy graphics to add some bling to the homepage.

So the truth lies somewhere in between.

Saying that who is going to go to www.lotuscars.com and not know about the 3 eleven anyway? Probably more important is first hit in google search for "lotus 3 eleven" takes you straight to http://www.lotuscars.com/3eleven/;)

It isn't on any of the menus, or listed in the current range. It only comes upper in the scrolling banner image area, if you wait for it to revolve round (the first thing you will see is the Evora 400)

It's not immediately obvious if you click on these images they will take you to the cars sub sites either. Rather it just looks like some fancy graphics to add some bling to the homepage.

So the truth lies somewhere in between.

Saying that who is going to go to www.lotuscars.com and not know about the 3 eleven anyway? Probably more important is first hit in google search for "lotus 3 eleven" takes you straight to http://www.lotuscars.com/3eleven/ ;)

Maybe I am picky, but being a bit of a structure fascist plus working with digital marketing as a daily job, I think they could improve how they present the cars and I think it should be available in the menu as well on the website. It should be more intuitive than what it is.

Of course there are only a few are prospective buyers of the 3-Eleven, but that model is much more important than that as it showcases what Lotus as a car brand can do and I am sure that helps selling the other, cheaper and less special cars as well. 

Maybe I am picky, but being a bit of a structure fascist plus working with digital marketing as a daily job, I think they could improve how they present the cars and I think it should be available in the menu as well on the website. It should be more intuitive than what it is.

Of course there are only a few are prospective buyers of the 3-Eleven, but that model is much more important than that as it showcases what Lotus as a car brand can do and I am sure that helps selling the other, cheaper and less special cars as well. 

I completely agree with you. I suspect they just opted for the easy route of stuffing it in the carousel, rather than embark on redesigning the 3 column layout they use further down on the home page, or adding it to the menus.

After all the Type 125 is listed on the menu system, surely that is more niche than the 3 eleven :D

just back from south of france.... 

usual crass display from the arabs and their golden wrapped phantom drop heads all on kuwait plates..... usual line up of LaFs, aventador SVs, 918s,  Zonda Cinq (that was awesome) and the ones that begin with an H that i cant spell.... AMGS Ad nauseam... etc etc...even that 6 wheeler thingy...

BUT i noticed something v interesting.... they seem to be getting bored with all their cousins having the same cars and are switching into poverty that yields exclusivity (i mean when every cousin mahmood has a LaF whats a 20 year old to do!!!!????)...

2 KTM X Bows getting probably more attention than the lot! the 3-11 could be a P&L beneficiary here for lotus (at the expense of the brand)... 

indecently out of everything, bar the Cinq i would take the 918 every time.... 

Grey Lotus Exige seen leaving Jenson Button's villa at high speed in the early hours. Police have been asking if it's anyone on here. If you split the loot Diego I'll keep my mouth shut!  ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw the 311 earlier at Silverstone Lotus. Shame they couldn't find time to put the wheel centres on the car but that seems the way at Hethel. I seem to remember the same when the 400 was launched.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

4 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Saw the 311 earlier at Silverstone Lotus. Shame they couldn't find time to put the wheel centres on the car but that seems the way at Hethel. I seem to remember the same when the 400 was launched.

Trevor.

Is that what stood out most to you Trev ?

i saw it at Oakmere on Wednesday, it looked and sounded stunning. 

I thought it looked and sounded great when I saw it at Silverstone on Friday night.

I didn't notice the lack of wheel centres but I'd let Lotus off as it's a development car, the mirrors aren't the final production ones either apparently

WTF, no wheel centres. For crying out loud....   lol.

Looks lovely.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!