Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
blue Evora at murrays in Edinburgh - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

blue Evora at murrays in Edinburgh

paul.p

Hold fire on the BOE...

I've started a conversation with ITG to see if they can build and supply a UK made intake.

BOE use ITG filters, so ITG make the filters, ship them to their USA distributor who then sell to BOE.

Why pay BOE to ship it back to the UK, pay UK customs & excise for the pleasure etc.

So I'm hoping we can use ITG to build an Evora solution.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Fire now being held. It did seem a bit bizarre that nobody in this country produces anything similar. I shall await your further revelations, :thumbup:.

Paul,

These are the pictures I took when you asked for some:

DSCN3888.jpg

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

DSCN3887.jpg

DSCN3886.jpg

DSCN3885.jpg

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I was looking into barge boards until I saw them on a car at Oakmere. They really collect the dust and dirt, it's almost like a shelf. It has briefly put me off adding them until I can convince myself otherwise.

On a side note, David, What is the badge you've put next to your Evora rear badge? I don't normally like add on stickers and badges but that one looks just right! Where did you buy it from?

Regards,

David Walters

• Gold FFM

Hi David,

I just blew the picture of the rear up. There isn't a badge beside the Evora one that I can see?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I was looking into barge boards until I saw them on a car at Oakmere. They really collect the dust and dirt, it's almost like a shelf. It has briefly put me off adding them until I can convince myself otherwise.

Think of the crap they stop from hitting the sills though, cuts down on stone chips etc.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Hi Michael,

Are you sure you are looking at right car? Reg AU60 AYF.

Regards,

David

Hi Lee,

I've never thought of that, good point! Can I have a set please?

Regards,

David

• Gold FFM

Hi Michael,

Are you sure you are looking at right car? Reg AU60 AYF.

Regards,

David

Oops. :getmecoat:

I'm blaming it on the stroke.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ahh, the little union jack posted by alfa2evora?

I've seen it on a couple I think?

Yes, the barge boards do collect crap, the cills still get dirty, but at least they don't get sand blasted from the road. The latter is the main reason I fitted mine (which seems to have started a fashion on S3LOC as my installation thread turned into a group buy).

The badge on Davis car, I put on when it was mine. Its one of the union jack/chequered flag rover ones off ebay. I had one knocking about at the time. Like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-MG-Rover-Union-Jack-Chequered-Flag-Enamel-Badge-DAG000070-/261754739753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf1cc5c29

Gav

• Gold FFM

.........and continuing the theme that Gav started, I've added one to each lower A panel which you might just be able to spot in a couple of my pics above, :D . 

As an aside, having spent the last few days getting to know my new P & J, I thought it time to clear some of the cobwebs out of the system, :P although the poor old microphone seems to have been overwhelmed by the wall of sound assaulting it.

Sounds quite, did you have the window shut?  :D Wait till you get use to it popping/gurgling on the overun!

Glad you are enjoying the 'ex'

Gav

• Gold FFM

I did as a matter of fact. When I'm stopped at the lights near the beginning, you can hear me 'crack' the window open a couple of inches (must remember to try and do something about that squeaky mechanism, :huh:), but a few hundred yards later I'm shutting it again as it was positively Baltic outside.

I was going to record another run with the camera mounted on the rear bumper but having heard the microphone's 'protests' on that first run, I suspect it might blow-up completely doing a close-up, :ermm:.

• Gold FFM

I'm not sure anymore who has what, but well done all of you. :hrhr:

• 1 month later...

I've still got mine so must be another one, :thumbsup: .

It's the 11 plate with forged wheels that was for sale when I bought mine.

It's a non tech pack car.