Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ingliston Revival 11-13th September - Page 4 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ingliston Revival 11-13th September

Pitch is confirmed as #17 - typo in the email sent to me. Maybe somebody, somewhere is trying to tell me something?

Dominic/Kieran - Fiona has resent your tickets so you should be able to print them from the new email.

David

Thanks! All sorted / printed

Cheers

Mark, you're definitely with us so ignore 25 and come to 17. I think Fee and her colleagues are starting to feel the pressure.

Also, just whilst I have your attention. Is your Esprit modified in any way or is it just as the day it left the factory? Although, factory-fitted options count as mods from standard spec in my book, :thumbsup: , so I'd like to know about them if any.

Cool, thanks. Given some of the issues we've had for a handful of cars and there are over 300 in attendance, its probably been a nightmare for Fiona. But it's the first time its been run, so maybe it will be slicker next year....

As for my car (apparently an Espirit according to their home page) its as it left the factory but has the round year lights and federal (centre) exhaust and slotted rear valence, all done at the factory. The only thing I've done is refurb the seats.

It looks like I'm all sorted.

Printed tickets today - 2 complimentary and 1 for the car.

Pitch 17 for me.

Unfortunately, as I was a late entry, I'm display only although Fiona did say she would put me on the reserve list for track time. On the off chance that I get to go on track, does anyone have a spare helmet I could borrow (preferably small)?

Are there any plans for meeting up before, so we can all arrive together? Eg Hermiston Gate?

Hi Duggie,

I have a spare helmet which I will bring, it is a large though.... you could maybe get away with a beaney hat / woolly hat inside it. I will bring it anyway incase anyone else wants it, or wishes to pax with anyone. 

I was there this morning to ogle the new Evora 400 - lovely.

There are a few other tasty machines about too (Mclaren Glasgow have the pitch next to Murray Lotus).

Top tip - bring waterproofs. It looks like it will be wet.

:help: And?  Glad you went?  Where are the photos?  How did it go? Will it be repeated? We want more!!  :animier:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Thanks Duggie. Shame about this $hitty wet summer.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

A few of my shots to add to the collection (with the last one obtained using my patented remote triggering device aka SWMBO). A further selection of general shots and some video footage to follow later - the videos are taking forever to upload thanks to my high-speed (NOT!) internet connection.

post-15502-0-09759500-1442268103.jpg

post-15502-0-86678700-1442268130.jpg

post-15502-0-82405500-1442268143.jpg

post-15502-0-67092400-1442268183.jpg

post-15502-0-85048600-1442268254.jpg

post-15502-0-46518400-1442268280.jpg

post-15502-0-23930200-1442268296.jpg

post-15502-0-34174400-1442268319.jpg

post-15502-0-90438800-1442268762.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Firstly I want to say a big thanks to David for all of his organisation, and to his good lady for her emergency gazebo run (who knew that was something I'd ever type...?).  I really enjoyed the event, despite the Scottish summer weather. 

Anyway, Carolyn took quite a few photos of the track action and I've posted them to here -

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/stevecowen/library/Ingliston%20Revival%202015

They are the full size jpegs, so you can download them and edit them as much as you want.  Let me know if you have any problems accessing this as it's the first time I've used Photobucket...

It was great to meet you all, and I hope we can do it all again sometime!!!

Steve

p.s. Dom - I hope you get the car fixed quickly without too much hassle...

• Like 2

First off, I think we are all due a big thanks to David for all his efforts and making sure we were all well looked after! Cheers David!

Sunday was definitely a more enjoyable day - more exhibitors, more punters and better weather. The morning track session was quite a bit quicker than Saturday's so was a bit more invloved. I managed to blag an afternoon session too, which was going well, until I started getting some odd symptoms from the car, so pulled in. As suspected, Murrays have confirmed that it is a collapsed wheel bearing - a bit disappointing as they only fitted it in April (about 1K miles ago), however, it is warranted so they are looking after getting it sorted. 

• Gold FFM

Shucks folks. Stop it, you're making me blush, :blush: . I enjoyed the whole process of being able to contribute something to the 'club'.

Some video 'footage' of the weekend :

The rest of you 'on track' -

...and an in-Evora session -

David

Awesome pictures and videos guys!! I had an absolute blast all weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience really.

A big thanks to David for putting so much effort in so that we all looked professional and got maximum enjoyment.oh and for letting me experience a Lotus from the passenger seat for the first time!! What a noise :P

I took a load of photos too, so here's some of mine (if it works...) -

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dewarcraig/library/Ingliston%20Revival%202015

Thanks again guys, a great bunch! :)

P.s. glad to hear that the car is being looked after Dom.