Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 performance validated on Hethel Test Track - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 performance validated on Hethel Test Track

TLF News

Saw this lapping the track while there for a factory tour on Friday and then after the LOT day there on Saturday. It did look flipping quick. And sounded great too :-)

If you're about to buy one, please specify Motorsports Green and get bored of it in about 3 years time :)

Make that 2!!!  :thumbsup:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Not sure if it's Gavin, but from a 2012 PH post by a certain " the Pits"

EXIGE S UPDATE: It just came back from our Hethel test track and we can reveal that during final testing its lap times have been compared to the Mk2 Exige Cup 260.

The new Exige S is up to 5 seconds a lap faster then the old Exige Cup 260.

2012 Exige S, Trofeo tyres, Lotus DPM in Race mode: 1 min 32.68 seconds

Exige cup 260, Yokohama A048: 1 min 37.90 seconds

• Like 1

You beat me to it!

V6 Cup is said to have gone sub 1.30 and CupR in around 1.25!

Very impressive that the Evora 400 can match the Exige V6S (on Trofeo tyres) given the weight difference. When you consider that the Exige V6S shares the same engine and brakes as the Evora S, the Evora 400 is performing beyond its 55bhp power gain.

Power/weight of the Evora 400 is now 285 bhp per ton against the Exige V6S at 292 per ton. With both cars being naturally strong in terms of traction I don't think you can put all of the Evora's improvement down to the LSD either. Presumably the Evora 400 now has the equivalent of the Exige's DPM Race Mode?

It's quite salivating to see these numbers, especially that this cars has a lot more speed in store that just need to be brought to market probably in a few months with the "lighter weight" version and all the go very very fast aero bits. 

Id be interested to know how a 400hp Evora s would compare as folk may look at buying one of those and bumping the power over buying a 400 and spendin a lot more. Appreciate there are other factors and improvements but would still be good to see the comparison.

Stu

I soooo want a 400 but it's just way outside my price range. Guess an Excel and then possibly a used Evora S will have to do for the next few years..

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'm really interested in the 400 but, I'd need to drive one. My current S1 Elise is running 440 bhp/ton which is perfect ( though I'd love ABS and all the trick electronic stuff as well TBH ). Bt, then again, as I'm an old git now, maybe I need to get into something a bit more docile and grown up!  ;-)