Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Indicator audible ticks - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Indicator audible ticks

Very quick Q.

Do your indicators tick when activated?  Mine certainly don't seem to, is this normal ?

I'm 99.99% sure it isn't the lovely sound of the engine masking the sound BTW ;)

I don't think the V6 has the same relay components that make the ticking that we're used to in other cars, so I'm surprised your one ticked at some point. I've driven a few, including the early car that did the dealership rounds at launch, and none of them ticked.

Edited by Arun_D

They definitely don't click. It is taking some getting used to as i am still looking down at the dash to confirm instead of looking at the road. I seem to remember that the relay is an easy swap for the clicking version.

Does it click in the Evora?

I don't believe any makes sound and I assumed the indicators on the modern cars are taken care of within the ECU hence the silence?

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/61264-embarrassing-flashes/?hl=%2Bembarrassing+%2Bflashes

My solution, posted a while back.  Used on my Exige S and Elise S. No electrics, cutting, purchase. My photos are key. Cycle between the three.

They show the cut off top inch of a fluorescent yellow highlighter stick, stuck behind the indicator stalk in a position where the stalk conceals it when "off" and reveals it when either up or down. Adjust for your eyeline. Against the overall black background it stands out when indicating. Used for years. After two embarrassments when running in the Exige, it has saved my blushes for years. At night the tiny dash repeater lights show up, so it does not need illuminating, but I considered putting a small bulb inside it if necessary - it wasn't.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting this, I placed an order straight away ;)

Having driven round far too long with indicators on for the last six months this will be ace :)  

Now just to work out a way to get auto headlights, the DRL's are so bright (not far off the head lights),  I keep forgetting.  Couple of times now I've only realised when the main beam refused to go on :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad it was helpful - perhaps I should e-mail the guy selling them and ask for some commission!

Also, my post should say "...behind the OBD II connector". 

Doh, too many years working in IT!!

I've just bought one of these relays from Ebay, (not got round to fitting it yet) and there is another write up about this on the Technical section of Seloc, where a couple of members have fitted then and appreciate the difference it makes.

That's just fine

On 19/01/2016 at 14:37, PhilS said:

Resurrecting this old thread, as I've just replaced the relay on my V6...

I now have properly clicking indicators ?

@PhilS thanks for posting, I bought one of these last night too. Will get it fitted at the weekend! Should be a great improvement - which sounds very odd just to get a familiar click back!! Haha

• Like 2