Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
P2135 & P2104/6 Error Codes - Page 5 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

P2135 & P2104/6 Error Codes

Had a reoccurring p2135 and limp code yesterday on the way to ace cafe, after resetting it at least 6 times I was just a little fed up, so to make things worse I read this thread and think it's now the ecu that's buggered ,so got home from work and checked all the throttle body connections were tight etc, eml lights went out and after a good blast around the area it seems to have done the trick.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They changed loom and ecu.

My money is on the loom being the issue. They changed ecu first and the issue remained…

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 19/06/2015 at 15:22, CocoPops said:

Now I feel sick :(

I was hoping to get an email today saying "Car ready"... but no.. I get an email saying "Loom replaced, issue still exists".

They've changed the Engine loom, to the latest spec with additional earthing points etc but the issue still remains.

So they tried my ECU in another Evora and the issue is replicated in the other car. When they try the other cars ECU in my car, the issue is not present.

Thus it looks like it needs a new ECU!!

Not sure where I stand on costs/bills etc, certainly not wanting to pay anything.

Lotus were picking up the cost of the loom and labour with Silverstone directly, as it was a Lotus decision to change the loom.

Lotus Silverstone have now gone to the warranty firm to see if they will cover cost of ECU (£900 iirc from deRoure prices).

Gutted to say the least.

3 weeks now without my Evora (out of 11weeks ownership).

Sorry maybe ive misunderstood the above.........i thought you said issue remained after loom changed...hence they moved on to ECU?

• 1 month later...

This weekend, I started the car and immediately it showed engine light and traction control off light.
ODB scan revealed P2104 and P2119.
Cleared the errors and didnt come back (yet).

Could this have been caused by too fast switching the engine on, not waiting for the 'init' phase to complete?
Normally I wait for the dials to 'sweep' and then I start, this time, I turned the key immediately.

Could be a sensor glitch ! My car being showing them for last few weeks and I clear them and they come back few days later?

going to get car serviced early and perhaps get new maf sensor or have cleaned and replace brake switch ? 

@Peters4I don´t think it has anything to do with how fast you turn the key. I had those codes a number of times recently, too. In my case, a new battery seems to have solved the issue (it is an early MY 12 with what apparently was the original battery).