Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Test drive question - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Test drive question

Stuno1

I won't be buying an evora until March ish time next year so when is reasonable to go on test drives? I'm not one to 'blag' a drive I am always open about my intention. I would like to try a MY2012 IPS and manual and Silverstone always seem to have stock.

Are they open to people asking for test drives give I won't be in the market for a while if rather do a drive in nice weather!

Stu

Just spoke with Amy. Lovely lady. Happy for me to pop along when they have thee car/s I am after in stock.

Looking forward to it already. Sadly won't be until August.

Stu

• Like 1

The only downside is that if you fall in love with one particular car on a test drive it's unlikely to still be around in March...

IMHO Lotus' problem is getting people to test drive the cars in the first place - the drive isn't what might put you off - it's why you put up with the quirks!

• Like 1

I have already put my head in the space of 'this is not the same as your Lexus isf' in terms of build and gadgets etc. The evora offers all the modern conveniences I am looking for and a few more to be honest. For me I am now chasing an 'experience'. I drove my dads MY04 Porsche Boxster a while back and while my Lexus beats it on every front it was not as enjoyable to drive. That's when my hunt for a replacement began.

I am willing to put up with less than perfect ergonomics, some niggles, etc etc as long as the car gives me the right feeling. Exterior is just stunning and the suede interior with contrast stitching and the seats give it a special and super car like appeal.

I am excited.

Stuart

If I didn't have to sell my current car first that would have been a possibility! Not willing to trade it so will be private sale. Just want to make sure the evora is for me and can happily fit my 2 year old and wife.

Stu

Should be fine for wife and 2yr old.

We used mine with 4yr old twins and two adults.

The kids love it, they look through the front screen much easier than the normal family car as the rear bench is higher than front seats.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I have done pretty extensive research with heights of all of us and think it will be more than adequate. Thanks for the info chap.

Don't it get the keys and car for a stint or is it a case of salesman comes along?

Stu

I would guess it's accompanied as they know you're not in the market yet.

If you were ready with the readies then they'd be more likely to let you loose alone.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Just get the salesman to sit in the back - would add to the amusement, although probably not the nicest way to thank them for letting you take the car out!

• Like 2

I would give the dealer an opportunity on a trade in.  You have your bottom line, at least let them try to accommodate it.  Trade in has other advantages (in USA) like not supporting the warranty/ lemon law and reduced sales tax on the new car.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Aimee has said she will sit in the back and has done previously.

I could let them have a pop on trade in but I think they will be at least 3k shy.

Stu

Aimee has said she will sit in the back and has done previously.

I could let them have a pop on trade in but I think they will be at least 3k shy.

Stu

They are always going to make their money at one end of the trade or the other if you saddle them with a car to dispose of. I think you're right to go in as just a buyer - you can the just worry about haggling on your purchase and sale separately.

Whilst selling privately can make you more it can be a slow job and higher risk with a valuable car.

What you have to ask is 'would I buy that car myself privately?' and if you are not sure then you will have more trouble selling it than a £3k Ford Focus. Any car north of £20k is going to have a limited number of private buyers just because of the lack of buyer protection.

Selling a car private party for real money is not so easy.  Talk about low ball bottom feeders...  Everyone wants deal, just sucks when it's time to be the seller...

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Yes indeed a private sale has its downsides too, time and effort vs money is life's usual trade off!

I suspect the OP may favour an expiditious sale a lot more once the test drive is over! ;)

• Like 1

Indeed. My Lexus is rare and excellent condition as well as having extended manufacturers warranty remaining on it so I don't think it will be too difficult to shift. I hope!

Stu