Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants meet up - Page 15 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants meet up

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Great to see you all again last night, and good to meet you @peteyg -lovely, stunning car.  

Starting to feel awkward as the only member of the group without a classic to my name.

Next meet, 20th April. Location tbc.

If you're interested, here's the Lynx Schedule again:

lynxflypastmap.jpg

Thanks Dave will look out for my homeboys from Yeovil. Look out for a flyby past your house from me too in the Esprit GT1 race car ;) 

Good to meet Pete and the S2. Hope to see it in daylight next time. Will try and get the Esprit along to the next one. I think we need to consider a good place for parking and a photo op for next time.

14 hours ago, Tokyotaxi said:

Well the Elite managed 400 yards out of the garage and died. Fuel issue yet again. It really is starting to p me off. Cant make the meet.:angry:

Its probably your banjo and bolt at the bottom of the fuel tank, rust and crap from the inside of the tank just drops into the hollow banjo bolt and blocks it up.

I fitted a motorcycle tank filter to the bolt and problem solved.

24 minutes ago, pbharcourt said:

Its probably your banjo and bolt at the bottom of the fuel tank, rust and crap from the inside of the tank just drops into the hollow banjo bolt and blocks it up.

I fitted a motorcycle tank filter to the bolt and problem solved.

Yes I have an inline fuel filter which was full of crap - cleaned that out and refitted. Getting fuel to the carbs in fits and starts but still won't fire so maybe crap made it to the carb jets? Will need to find someone to take a look as carbs are not my strongpoint (come to think of it nothing is really)

Inline filter wont help as its the actual fitting that screws into the bottom of the tank, i have been there and done it:cry:

One like this fitted into the banjo bolt should work:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322360411748

Happy to come and help out if you want?

2 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Inline filter wont help as its the actual fitting that screws into the bottom of the tank, i have been there and done it:cry:

One like this fitted into the banjo bolt should work:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322360411748

Happy to come and help out if you want?

Thanks - I have ordered one along with a new fuel pump just in case.

Got her running this afternoon but still I think being starved of fuel = I guess due to a semi blockage at the banjo. Pulled all the crap away to expose the banjo and it seems a bit tight (space wise). Guess I need to pump all the fuel out before playing with it!

Have sent a pm - Thanks!

On 3/17/2017 at 07:41, The Pits said:

Thanks Dave will look out for my homeboys from Yeovil. Look out for a flyby past your house from me too in the Esprit GT1 race car ;) 

Good to meet Pete and the S2. Hope to see it in daylight next time. Will try and get the Esprit along to the next one. I think we need to consider a good place for parking and a photo op for next time.

Great to meet you guys @The Pits @DaveC72 @pbharcourt and great to see you again @Kevin Wheeler

Here's a daylight pic with my other baby. Looking forward to the next meet!

IMAG2119_zpsyisrdcml.jpg

Pete

• Like 2

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• 1 month later...
Just now, Kevin Wheeler said:

Whereabouts in Hampshire are you @Rogue?

I am in Whitchurch between Winchester and Newbury.

Shall we go for the Folly Inn in the New Forest again chaps?

I am in Hook. Not so far from Whitchurch. Have been there a few times.

I'll see if I can make that work. Would be good to welcome Jeff onto the team and have a good look at that Exige!

:thumbup:

24 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

I will be there! In the Esprit this time I think.

@The Pits? @peteyg? @Tokyotaxi?

Sorry the Elite is without a fuel tank at the moment - took it out to clean/seal. Got her running from a jerry can but don't think the Flowerpots is in range!

12 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Tokyotaxi would you like a lift in the fulvia?

Thanks Paul offer much appreciated but I am now working in Cambridge until Sat. Determined to get to one of these meets eventually!