Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants meet up - Page 10 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants meet up

Bibs

I will be there Kev, i will bring a friend along with his Ferrari to bolster the number to three!

Edited by pbharcourt

• Gold FFM

It was four in the end. I think that Dave now wins the distance travelled award for dropping in on his way back from Leeds. Am I going to have to drive to Glasgow to recapture the lead?

Good to meet Derek. Even if he was driving a California!

I will bring the Esprit for him to see next time. How about August 17th? Any suggestions for a venue to attract more cars (and drivers of course)? Does anyone know how to message all the Hampshire chapter?

• Like 1

Good effort from @DaveC72:thumbup:

To send everyone a PM, you need to just send a PM to this lot...

We used to be able to copy and paste the list into the 'to' field but until we get that functionality back, you need to add them one by one. Only takes a couple of mins all the same. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Drove all the way to Milton Keynes to find the wheels hadn't been done properly, turned around and drove back. Sorry, too cheesed off to make it in the end. Anyone asking me to join their morris dance was likely to get a slap!

Even more annoying Kevin is that the car won't be ready for Silverstone now. I was really looking forward to that. I suppose I could bring the Exige and still park it with Club Lotus? I know it's not the car's fault but if the Esprit doesn't make it to Brands for the festival the next time anyone sees it might be in the classifieds!

:rant:

• Gold FFM

That is a bit of a Wotsit! In that mood you might have keyed the Ferrari, so good job you stayed away.

I cannot see Club Lotus turning away your Exige - it is a great looking car.

Never mind Brands - aren't you booked into the Buealieu Supercar the previous Sunday?

• Gold FFM

On 7/28/2016 at 10:35, Kevin Wheeler said:

I will bring the Esprit for him to see next time. How about August 17th? Any suggestions for a venue to attract more cars (and drivers of course)?

Anyone considering the 17th? Suggestions for a venue?

Hopefully my wheels might be ready for then but I won't be holding my breath! Exige was welcome at Silverstone but not allowed on the parade lap, strictly Esprits and Europas!

The Esprit will be at Beaulieu even if I have to push it there!

• 2 weeks later...

Ruddy wheels won't be ready until Friday now. :rant:

What's the form with the Beaulieu event anyway Kevin? Looks like it's on all weekend this year, are you doing Sat and Sun?

Hope to see you there.

Can you make either day Dave? No distance and a great option for our August meet.

Full marks to that man, as always. :thumbup:

I like the sound of that Otter and Ale Pie! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

If you would like the pleasure of my company at a meet this month, we will have to be quick. I am taking the Elise (and the wife) to Carcassonne from next Thursday until the 1st October.

Anybody up for a pint? You can tell me how wonderful the Lotus Festival was and I can bore you about CarFest.

Tuesday 13th? Drift Inn?

If it's dry I could bring the Esprit out on the gold wheels. They haven't been balanced but should be OK if I stick to 40mph!