Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Carb Setting & Tuning in Hampshire/WSussex? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Carb Setting & Tuning in Hampshire/WSussex?

eeyoreish

Can anyone recommend someone to properly set up and tune the twin Dellortos on my N/A Esprit?

I've rebuilt the carbs with genuine kits and returned them to 'previous' settings. The car runs much better than before but not perfectly (still stumbles a little at low revs) so I want to get the carbs properly set up by an expert.

I'm wary of taking it to someone who 'reckons they know how to do it' so I'd much rather go by recommendation from someone who's used their services before.

I'm based in Chichester so Hants or W Sussex are both local for me...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at Airey tuning just outside Winchester. I spoke to them and they use a rolling road, takes a couple of hours. Its around £250 - £300 but looking at their website they look like they know their stuff

Have a look at Airey tuning just outside Winchester. I spoke to them and they use a rolling road, takes a couple of hours. Its around £250 - £300 but looking at their website they look like they know their stuff

Wow, seems quite expensive..!? Was that just to set up your carbs or to rebuild too?

Just had a look at their website and it does look exactly like the kind of place I was hoping to find and local too. Just not sure I can justify the £300 to the current Mrs H!

Option B of course is that I have a go myself. I'd be keen to learn how to set them up properly then I can do it whenever required. Setting emissions is the only problem there of course...

Neil, If you are going to Brands Hatch in November Pete Musgrove of PNM fame will be there. He is the absolute expert on carb tuning and set my carbs up for me last year for a very modest sum. You could probably book him in advance and that way he might have the balancing gear with him.

Neil, If you are going to Brands Hatch in November Pete Musgrove of PNM fame will be there. He is the absolute expert on carb tuning and set my carbs up for me last year for a very modest sum. You could probably book him in advance and that way he might have the balancing gear with him.

Thanks Mike. I'll bear that in mind but I was hoping to get it sorted before then.

Out of interest did you have any running issues before the carbs were set up or was it just done to improve performance? Just trying to predict if my stumbling at low revs might be solved by properly set carbs...