free hit
counters
Evora 400 Reviews & Videos - Page 16 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content


IGNORED

Evora 400 Reviews & Videos


DaveC72

Recommended Posts

  • Gold FFM

Sat in a Hotel room in Riyadh bored shitless and, errors notwithstanding, thoroughly enjoyed this.  Especially from about 1h28m when it descends in to "three blokes in a pub talking shit about cars" - in a good way.  Great find:thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DaveC72 said:

Sat in a Hotel room in Riyadh bored shitless 

Bad luck!

I spent nearly 5 years in Jeddah from 2009 but the few times I had to go to Riyadh I hated it. I didn’t mind Jeddah though, much more relaxed than Riyadh back then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You made my day, Dave!  I'll keep an eye out for more suitable material as it appears. I think he mentioned he's taking delivery of a 400 which Lotus is giving him for a month.  He already did a very positive short review on the 400 (also with a few minor errors) so I assume a lot of material on the 'people's Evora' (the 400) is forthcoming.  His original review of the 400 and an R&T PCOTY article were influential in my decision.  They came at a time when very little local coverage was available.  I drove the first car in Tennessee and was worried  I was in an alternate universe for believing I liked it better than a Carrera or C7.   

'17 Evora 400 MT 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Bad luck!

I spent nearly 5 years in Jeddah from 2009 but the few times I had to go to Riyadh I hated it. I didn’t mind Jeddah though, much more relaxed than Riyadh back then

I spent 2 years  in Riyadh from 1983, it was wild, parties every week, lots of nurses, don't think it's quite the same now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Loquacious Lew said:

You made my day, Dave!  I'll keep an eye out for more suitable material as it appears. I think he mentioned he's taking delivery of a 400 which Lotus is giving him for a month.  He already did a very positive short review on the 400 (also with a few minor errors) so I assume a lot of material on the 'people's Evora' (the 400) is forthcoming.  His original review of the 400 and an R&T PCOTY article were influential in my decision.  They came at a time when very little local coverage was available.  I drove the first car in Tennessee and was worried  I was in an alternate universe for believing I liked it better than a Carrera or C7.   

Take heart your not the only one in an alternate universe, and for the very same reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Solstice said:

I spent 2 years  in Riyadh from 1983, it was wild, parties every week, lots of nurses, don't think it's quite the same now!

Why? Did the nurses do such a good job that everyone is healthy now and they are not needed? Or can't they afford the nurses anymore? I mean I know personal care is expensive but....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems R&T really enjoyed their time with the 400. This is like the 4th article about it.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Did Geely buy R&T without us knowing? Lol...

Great article though.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^It's a veritable  love fest but who are we to discourage true love?  Thank the gods a mag with a pulpit and some influence gets it.  I ordered a three year subscription in gratitude!

"If you didn't know, we're fans of the Lotus Evora around here, particularly the newest versions of the model. While the Evora GT430 is more interesting (and I think better) than a 911 GT3, the Evora 400 is a more subdued car, akin to a Porsche Cayman. But then there's the Evora Sport 410, a more focused version of the 400." 

'17 Evora 400 MT 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Very good......

Looks like someone is enjoying their Evora.

Got his brake pots confused though.  4 front (not 6) and 4 back.  In fact I'd say that it's a very good brake set up considering the weight of the car and BHP available.  2 piece AP Racing brakes.......this side of carbon ceramics you don't tend to get much bigger or thicker, although I did notice in a magazine review a while back that the rear wheel drive Hurracan has steel brakes as standard with 8 pot fronts x 34mm thick, but with almost identical rear brakes to the 400 and also similar diameter (front and back) plus a bit more horse power and weight to contend with.

Interesting that he preferred the Super Sport tyres over the Cups!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Farrah loves the 4XX. That must be fourth or fifth one he's written about how brilliant they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The focus on track ability of 400 is one thing, but I think it’s missing the point, the car capabilility on back country Aussie roads is just phenomenal. I’ve just returned from one of two trips of over 4.5 hours each way in mine and cannot praise the the ride and performance high enough. A testament to the development by Lotus to cope with the roads around The factory, freeways and tracks are waisted on the 400 it’s far more capable than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, serve personalized ads or content, and analyze our traffic. By clicking " I Accept ", you consent to our use of cookies. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.