Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Reviews & Videos - Page 8 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Reviews & Videos

DaveC72

I thought that was quite a good Autocar review.I think the comment about changes is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but by Ford or BMW standards the update probably is very minor! He quotes 1425kg which is the same as Lotus quote for the auto. I'm not sure about the paint, but I thought red and yellow were standard colours with the rest being cost options. The factory pictures just seem generic shots from the trim shop.

CAR Magazine this month has a 10 page article on Evora 400 to Indy 500 drive with the link to Jim Clark '65 win. Nice story and write up on the car. Not sure if its online yet.

Black n gold

7 hours ago, Stubox said:

CAR Magazine this month has a 10 page article on Evora 400 to Indy 500 drive with the link to Jim Clark '65 win. Nice story and write up on the car. Not sure if its online yet.

Thanks for this.. Just downloaded the latest edition.

Fun video @Bibs, everyone was clearly using the old swivel eyes but not the head so as not to be obvious technique to check the car out!

Not an angle I ever see, but the 400 really does look amazing when you see it coming down the road the way you shot it, would make me slightly jealous of what folks see when I pass if it wasn't for the fact I own one. :lol:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mcx said:

Thanks for this.. Just downloaded the latest edition.

And is it a good article?
Worth going to buy?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Is a bit about the Evora, a bit about the race, some ok pics.. 

You have an email to your handmade-in-hethel.co.uk address

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Just spotted this. Skip to two minutes in to see someone giving a 400 a spanking up a mountain road.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Just for you Dave, here's another:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a30266/lotus-evora-400-track-test/

I wish the good reviews had the same effect on me! Every glowing review I read written abroad by someone with no British bias, only makes me more angry about what Chris Harris wrote and also the miserable account Evo gave of the car in last year's ECOTY. There is clearly more respect and affection for Lotus abroad than there is in the UK. You only had to see what Porsche spent at the Goodwood FOS this year to realise how huge a market the UK is for their cars and also how much money they are making while Lotus continue to teeter on the brink. Whatever the difference between the cars, the outcome is not in any way just. It was the same at Silverstone Classic last weekend. Literally field upon field of 911s. Porsche don't know what to do with all the money they're making in the UK.  :rant:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I should have been clearer.  It was that review I was referring to Jonny, which James had posted a little further up.

The Love felt elsewhere, and the lack of it shown in the UK press is indeed frustrating - but I just can't see that changing any time soon.

The review just made me think "yes, someone gets it", and by "it" I mean the reason we inhabit TLF and have all invested fiscally and emotionally in a small output British manufacturer of driver's Sports cars.

I love, and I mean really loved, that the car the 400 was referenced against was the Mclaren - indeed the only reference made to Porsche was to point out that you should check out the 400 first.

I've read the niggles and frustrations of our new 400 owners on here with mixed feelings.   I feel for you all.  but, and this really, really isn't a dig -  I wish I was fortunate enough to have one of these fabulous cars to complain about!

It's not viable for me right now, but in the next couple of years I will be in a 410 at some stage - so if someone could please spec a yellow 410 (and I know this is borderline sacrilegious)  with AC and a stereo I would be eternally grateful!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I think in the UK we're the only place that DOESN'T hold Lotus in a particularly high regard. Maybe it's just an English thing of being self-deprecating, but most guys I have talked to from abroad have zero problem including Lotus in the same sphere as Ferrari/McLaren etc...

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

A new clutch and lightweight flywheel connects the six-speed manual or optional six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission to a new Torsen-style limited-slip differential "

Is that right? I thought only manuals got an LSD? Otherwise lovely write up.

It just seems at odds that a country with enough of an island mentality to vote to leave the EU should be so enraptured by a make of car whose founder was also responsible for the Tiger Tank. Especially when said tanks were pointed with intent at many of our grandfathers! No-one even seemed to flinch when Porsche announced the splendidly patriotic GB edition Turbo, complete with Union Jack embossed leather and other decals!

I'm all for moving on from WW2, especially since I wasn't even there and wish no offence towards our many fantastic German members, without whom TLF would be immeasurably worse off. I also acknowledge the many fine cars produced in Germany that have helped raise quality standards across the world but I do despair at the current state of journalism in the UK where we now have Chris Harris using public money to sell yet more Porsches! Here's hoping we can negotiate a more favourable trade deal for UK built cars.

I really will stop ranting now. Must complete editing my latest video of my lovely red Japanese Zero Fighter! :lol: 

• Gold FFM

As I've said many times before, I don't ever want to pay special consideration to Lotus - ie. I'm never going to "forgive it" for something for being a small car maker, but I am of the belief that is because they truly ARE making a car capable of rivalling ze Germans. And I love my German cars too.

I lost my regard for Chris Harris when he basically started ranting and raving about the Evora 400, having never even driven one. That, as a journalist, was unforgiveable. Bizarrely, I had only recently uncovered his article calling Ferrari out on their shady practices and I had a lot of respect for him for that. Clearly he's had some quiet time with an Italian gentleman in a cupboard since then, as he appears to be very much back in favour with them now.

James Martin (JayEmm)

Sadly I think even the 'outing' of Ferrari was all part of his plan to curry favour with Porsche. Which worked a treat. But Chris Harris has his own topic for anyone that wants to discuss that toxic little ape.

Hooray for good Evora reviews! It's always nice to know it's not just me who thinks it's one of the best fast road cars you can buy.

On 29 July 2016 at 20:50, JayEmm said:

Just spotted this. Skip to two minutes in to see someone giving a 400 a spanking up a mountain road.

Driven like an absolutely irresponsible twat. Lucky not to kill the oncoming cyclist while taking the right hand hairpin. Dick.

• Like 1