Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
4th October LEGS Breakfast meet and run to Rannoch Station - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

4th October LEGS Breakfast meet and run to Rannoch Station

Thanks go to Ken London for organising this one.

Our next breakfast meeting will be at The Red Hotel, Coupar Angus for breakfast at 10:00am on Sunday 4th October. Ken has planned a route from Coupar Angus, leaving at 11:00am to head for Rannoch Station, via Kirkmichael, Pitlochry and the north side of Loch Tummel, arriving 13:00pm at Rannoch Station Tea Rooms where those who wish can have a light lunch or just teas and coffees. The plan then is to leave Rannoch Station around 14:00 and head along the south side of Loch Tummel to Aberfeldy, Grandtully and then finish up in Dunkeld between 15:30 and 16:00 where those that wish more food or drinks can have an early tea.

Ken is liaising with the Hotels and Tea Room so we really need to know how many will be having breakfast, light lunch or just tea and coffees and at Dunkeld if anyone want to have an early tea.

The venue in Dunkeld is not booked yet but we are booked into The Red House Hotel, Coupar Angus for breakfast and Rannoch Station Tea Rooms for light lunch etc.

Feel free to join us for the whole trip or just for part of it but please let us know where you want to eat.

Ken has produced a detailed guide for the route, which I will upload shortly but in the meantime I have copied the Google Maps route here.

If you fancy coming along please add your details below in the following format.

1: Brian & Jackie Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2x Early Tea

2:

• Gold FFM

1: Brian & Jackie Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

2: David & Jennifer Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Light Lunch, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

Excellent route, done it a few times over the years but will have to miss this one unfortunately. Small matter of my eldest daughter's wedding that day....

Have a great time Mark and enjoy the last few minutes with your daughter before the car arrives to take you to the ceremony. My daughter and I had a glass of bubbly in the garden after everyone else had left and we were waiting for our car to arrive. It was a precious moment.

1: Brian & Jackie Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

2: David & Jennifer Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Light Lunch, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

3: Al + Debbie (still to confirm work rota): Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

Oh and as excuses go Mark, that is a good one.  We can accept that.  Enjoy the day and hopefully the weather will be kind for all of us.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

3: Al + Debbie (still to confirm work rota): Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

4: Archie - Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

SWMBO has managed to swap her work rota so we both will be attending.

1: Brian & Jackie. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

2: David & Jennifer.  Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Light Lunch, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

3: Al + Debbie.  Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

4: Archie + 1. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

4: Archie - Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea
5. Ken London; Breakfast , 1 light lunch, 1 early tea

Evening all.  Can I tag along for part of this?  New to the area, actually new to Scotland, and Brian suggested I say my hellos here and join you for what my might be my last outing in the Esprit before she undergoes some front end surgery...

7. Neil and Helena - Rannoch 2x light lunches.

Looking forward to meeting people, and what looks like a stunning drive!

Hi Neil,

Happy to see you out and about joining us.  Are you only going to meet us at Ranoch Station or joining us before then on leaving Coupar Angus so we know to hang back?

Remember the bl00dy average speed cameras on A9 from Dunblane to Perth and for anybody on the A9 at any point on the day between Perth and Inverness.

: Brian & Jackie. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

2: David & Jennifer.  Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Light Lunch, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

3: Al + Debbie.  Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

4: Archie + 1. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

6: Duncan - Rannoch: 1 x coffee, Dunkeld: 1 x early tea

Hi Neil, looking forward to meeting you. 

Reading through the post again I realised I hadn't uploaded Ken's route instructions, so here they are.

I will send another PM out to the group this weekend to stimulate a bit more interest so if you are already on the list apologies in advance for the extra prompt.

Edited by bingoking

1: Brian & Jackie. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

8: Duggie & Susan. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

Hi again, in answer to Al's question; we'd join the route at Pitlochry so if someone can suggest a convenient place for us to lurk in we'll watch out for a Lotus convoy and tag along.

I'll respond to the PM with my mobile # in case needed.

My AA cover expires on the 5th so this is perfect timing!

Hi Neil,

Well avoiding Pitlochry itself for you as parking can sometimes be a bit of a pain, if you see where our route on the A924 goes under the A9 as we leave Pitlochry just after that on the A9 there is a junction.  If you come off there down to the A924 and turn right so heading along planned route on the B8019 it now seems.  Not far along there there is a Forestry Commission sign and service road into Faskally Wood, opposite a small cottage.  You could sit there waiting on us.  If you zoom in on the Google map in Brian's attached route in first post you will see it.  Only white road off to the left.  The A9 at that point has just reduced to a single carriage way on the map and you have River Tummel on the other side of you.  

Failing that if you want to pick us up just before we enter Pitlochry on the A924 as we come down the hill towards the Moulin hotel and about 1/4 mile before hand when still in country there is a lay-by there on the left.  Obvious on the map.

Feel free to PM bingoking and myself so we have you covered.

Thanks Al, found the Fiskally Wood turnoff and will aim to be in place by 11.45.  I'll PM you and BK in a minute. 

Looks like it might just be me in the car now; the missus has double booked herself and has to go and fire arrows at things...

8: Duggie & Susan. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

9: Dom (+1 TBC ASAP) Rannoch light lunch

10: Fergus - Rannoch 1 x light lunch

11: Mike C -  1 x Breakfast, Rannoch : 1 x early tea

Hi Fergus and welcome to the forum, I will add you to the group PM list and you will receive a PM when we organise events.

11: Mike C -  1 x Breakfast, Rannoch : 1 x early tea

12: Ian  1x Rannoch  light lunch

I'm tagging along with Dom and Fergus as an ex-Elise owner, been to a previous very misty meeting at Duck Bay

Ian & Fergus welcome to LEGS, looking forward to meeting you both on Sunday.

9: Dom  Rannoch light lunch

11: Mike C -  1 x Breakfast, Rannoch : 1 x early tea

12: Ian  1x Rannoch  light lunch

I'm tagging along with Dom and Fergus as an ex-Elise owner, been to a previous very misty meeting at Duck Bay

Updated, My +1 is not "+1ing" on this occasion.