Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
4th October LEGS Breakfast meet and run to Rannoch Station - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

4th October LEGS Breakfast meet and run to Rannoch Station

I'm hoping to come along too for my first meet-up - won't know for sure if I can manage until Friday. Would that be OK as far as giving the necessary notice time to notify Rannoch Station for another 2 for light lunch?

Hi Stephen, I'm sure that will be fine if you let us know on Friday. 

Look forward to seeing you and your Esprit.

1: Brian & Jackie. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

2: David & Jennifer.  Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Light Lunch, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

3: Al + Debbie.  Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

4: Archie + 1. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

5. Ken London; Breakfast , 1 light lunch, 1 early tea

6: Duncan - Rannoch: 1 x coffee, Dunkeld: 1 x early tea

7. Neil and Helena - Rannoch 2x light lunches.

8: Duggie & Susan. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

9: Dom  Rannoch light lunch

10: Fergus - Rannoch 1 x light lunch
11: Mike C -  1 x Breakfast, Rannoch : 1 x early tea

12: Ian  1x Rannoch  light lunch

13: Andrew and Alister full day all meal stops 

Andrew!  Your alive! :P  Been wondering where you were lurking!  I believe that you have suffered a rename like me.  Whether you wanted I or not! :whistle:

Hi Donald, welcome over from the dark side. :thumbup:  I'm sure that Brian (bingoking) will sign you up for our PM list over here and we always post on both anyway, but we just found trying to co-ordinate 2 or 3 lists (Also Lotus Ecosse on FB) as these things can get popular, just too onerous. 

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hi Donald and welcome to LEGS. As Al. said I will add you to the group PM list. Look forward to meeting you on Sunday. Will you be joining us at Coupar Angus or en route or meeting at Rannoch Station?

Hiya,

Can we join the tour for the first part to Kinloch Rannoch and depending on weather, we may branch off to walk a wee hill?

Gerry & Susan - Two for Breakfast

Hi Gerry and welcome to the LEGS forum. I will add you to our group PM list so you will be updated with all our future meets when arranged.

No problem just joining us for breakfast and doing part of the route, see you Sunday.

1: Brian & Jackie. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

2: David & Jennifer.  Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Light Lunch, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

3: Al + Debbie.  Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

4: Archie + 1. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

8: Duggie & Susan. Coupar Angus: 2 x Breakfast, Rannoch: 2 x Teas & Coffee, Dunkeld: 2 x Early Tea

14: Donald - Rannoch 1 x light lunch

15: Gerry & Susan - Coupar Angus 2 x Breakfast

Hi Donald and welcome to LEGS. As Al. said I will add you to the group PM list. Look forward to meeting you on Sunday. Will you be joining us at Coupar Angus or en route or meeting at Rannoch Station?

Just meeting at Rannoch as heading up with Dom et al B-)

• Like 1

Hi Gerry and welcome to the LEGS forum. I will add you to our group PM list so you will be updated with all our future meets when arranged.

No problem just joining us for breakfast and doing part of the route, see you Sunday.

16: David D - 1 for all!

• Like 1

Hi Ken,

Excuse me for maybe being a wee bit thick BUT the 'pdf' itinerary says we are leaving hotel in Coupar Angus at 10.00am but the early forum posts say that we leave at 11.00am. Can you please clarify what time we are meeting for breakfast and departure time?

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry

Let me look at this and I will get back to you, I may have uploaded an earlier version of the itinerary which had us leaving too early from Coupar Angus. 

Hands up it was my fault for posting the original timings which after discussion with Ken we decided was too early. :getmecoat:

Here is the correct document which shows that we are meeting at The Red House Hotel 9:30-9:45 am for breakfast and departing Coupar Angus at 11:00am

My apologies for the confusion and thanks to Gerry for reading the document.

UPDATED Rannoch Station Route Timings.pdf

UPDATED Rannoch Station Route Timings.pdf

Just in case there is a problem with downloading the pdf here it is copied and pasted

Approx Distance Present Road   Meet #1 at Red House car park, Coupar Angus for breakfast (PH13 9AL) 09:30 to 9:45 Next Road Map Time Cumulative Miles
09:45
Start Car Park

clip_image001.png  

Prepare to depart on 1st leg   Landranger 53 11:00 0
0 Car Park

clip_image002.pngclip_image003.pngclip_image004.pngclip_image005.pngclip_image006.pngclip_image007.png

clip_image008.png

Turn right out of Red House car park (towards Blairgowrie)   A94   0
0.1  A94 Straight over (2nd exit) at mini roundabout to Blairgowrie A923   0.1
4.4 A923 Straight over at X roads with B949 (towards Braemar and Kirriemuir) A923   4.5
0.2 A923 Straight ahead at T junction  on Gas Brae (towards Braemar and Kirriemuir) Gas Brae   4.7
0.1 Gas Brae Continue to bear rightish to join A93 at next junction Gas Brae   4.8
0.1 Gas Brae Turn Right at junction to join A93 (towards Braemar and Kirriemuir) A93   4.9
0.2 A93

clip_image009.png  

Follow A93 Left (junction with A926) after crossing River Erlaht to Bridge of Cally  (and towards Braemar) A93   5.1
5.4 A93

clip_image010.png

clip_image011.png

clip_image012.pngclip_image013.pngclip_image014.png

Turn Left off A93 at Bridge of Cally to Pitlochry A924   10.5
18.6 A924 After passing Moulin Hotel, bear right keeping on A 924, West Moulin Road W Moulin Road 52   29.1
0.7 W Moulin Road At bottom of West Moulin Road in Pitlochry, turn Right at junction in Atholl Road main street (towards Blair Atholl) Main street   29.8
0.8 Atholl Road Keep on A924, straight ahead under A9 to Loch Tummel  (towards Killiecrankie). A924 becomes B8019. B8019   30.6
1.5 B8019 After passing Faskally caravan site, Turn Left at junction with B8019 to Tummel Bridge and Kinloch Rannoch B8019 43   32.1
9.5 B8019

clip_image015.pngclip_image016.png

clip_image017.png

Road follows north side of Loch Tummel, Turn Right at junction with B846 in Tummel Bridge to Kinloch Rannoch B846 Landranger 42   41.6
7.0 B846 Straight Ahead in Kinloch Rannoch to Rannoch Station. Road is on north side of Loch Rannoch. B846   48.6
15.9 Car Park Meet #2 Rannoch Station Tea Room for a soup & sandwich, coffee, etc.  Car parking just beyond tearoom near the station.   12:45 13:30 64.5
Restart Car Park

clip_image018.png

clip_image019.pngclip_image020.pngclip_image021.png

Prepare to depart on 2nd leg   14:00 64.5
0.0 B 846   Return on B846  past Loch Eigheach towards Kinloch Rannoch B 846   64.5
2.7 B 846   Pass the dam and Hydro Power station at end of Loch Eigheach. Follow road beside River Gaur B 846   67.2
2.5 B 846   Before reaching Loch Rannoch, Turn Right on umarked road to Bridge of Gaur  Unmarked road   69.7
0.2 Unmarked road

clip_image022.pngclip_image023.pngclip_image024.png

clip_image025.png

Cross river and straight on in Bridge of Gaur bearing Left to keep to southern side of Loch Rannoch Unmarked road   69.9
10.2 Unmarked road Follow S side of loch, bear Right at Y-junction at E end of loch at approach to Kinloch Rannoch. Head  to Innerhadden Unmarked road   80.1
0.7 Unmarked road Straight on at junction to Innerhadden, Dalchosnie, West Tempar,  Unmarked road   80.8
7.7 Unmarked road Shortly after passing Loch Kinardochy on left, Turn Right at T junction with B846 to Aberfeldy B846   88.5
8.2 B846

clip_image026.png

clip_image027.png

clip_image028.png

Follow B846 to right at Weem to Aberfeldy B846 52   96.7
0.4 B846 Cross Bridge over River Tay and straight on at cross roads up Taybridge Road B846   97.1
0.3 B846 Turn Left into Bank Street at cross roads in Aberfeldy centre  (towards Ballinluig & Pitlochry) A827   97.4
5.5 A827

clip_image029.png  

Follow A827 and after leaving Grandtully, Turn Right onto B898 towards Dunkeld. Do not turn left to cross the River Tay B898   102.9
8.7 B898

clip_image030.png  

Follow B 898 along the west side the River Tay to eventually join A9. Turn Right at  junction with main highway to Dunkeld A9   111.6
2.1 A9

clip_image031.png  

Turn Left off main A9 into Dunkeld. A923   113.7
0.3 A923

clip_image032.png  

Immediately after crossing bridge over River Tay in Dunkeld, Turn Right. Immediately turn into car park just at start of A984 A984   114.0
  A85

clip_image033.png  

Finish at Dunkeld for early Tea End of Run 15:45 16:00 114.0

Note 1 Distances are approximate and have been measured from Ordinance Survey maps. I have not run the route with the car Odometer.
Note 2 The direction signals are coloured to match the road designation as shown on Ordinance Survey maps. Colours are for the next road that we will be travelling on.
Note 3 Refer to Ordinance Survey maps Landranger 42, 43, 51, 52 and 53 (1 : 50,000)
Note 4 Places in brackets only signify the general direction toward a place but we will not be going there.  We go to places which are not stated in brackets. I have taken this from Google & maps - I've not checked actual route signs.

Sorry I'm so late responding but couldn't be sure I couldn't make it until now.   Could I still come ?   If not its no problem. 

Many thanks Liam 

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

Sorry I'm so late responding but couldn't be sure I couldn't make it until now.   Could I still come ?   If not its no problem. 

Many thanks Liam 

Absolutely no problem.. Just let us know where you will,meet us and where you want to eat. 

Absolutely no problem.. Just let us know where you will,meet us and where you want to eat. 

Excellent thanks.   I'd like to do the whole trip with all stops if that's ok manythanks 

Edited by Liam Warnock
typing mistake

Excellent thanks.   I'd like to do the whole trip with all stops if that's ok manythanks 

So is that Breakfast at Coupar Angus, Lunch or just tea/coffee at Rannoch Station and early tea at Dunkeld?

17. Stephen for light lunch at Rannoch (Looks like it's just me for Sunday.......my better half has work commitments - her loss which is a shame.....maybe next time!)

17. Stephen for light lunch at Rannoch

18. David Kyle - Light lunch at Rannoch

So is that Breakfast at Coupar Angus, Lunch or just tea/coffee at Rannoch Station and early tea at Dunkeld?

I think I'll need to head back about lunch time so I'll do breakfast and lunch then I'll have to head back ? (Just me this time no +1)  

Sorry for inconvenience 

many thanks 

If it's not leaving it too late to join, I'd love to come along! If it is to late for numbers, just let me know and no bother.

Bobby

19. Bobby - Coupar Angus: nil (just meet in time for the off), Rannoch: 1 x light lunch, Dunkeld: coffee

I think I'll need to head back about lunch time so I'll do breakfast and lunch then I'll have to head back ? (Just me this time no +1)  

Sorry for inconvenience 

many thanks 

No inconvenience Liam see you on Sunday 

• Like 2

19. Bobby - Coupar Angus: nil (just meet in time for the off), Rannoch: 1 x light lunch, Dunkeld: coffee

20. Liam Warnock Coupar Angus: 1 x Breakfast, Rannoch: Light lunch