Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel interchange, editable spreadsheet for all! - Page 2 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel interchange, editable spreadsheet for all!

On 2016-4-25 at 20:41, pbharcourt said:

Yes defo.

Herald rack is used in the Elan, it has a short column pinion.

$_1.jpg

Capri / Lotus rack :)

IMAG1213.jpg

Track rods will need to be extended by 50mm each side or swopped from the Lotus rack.

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 9 months later...

updated with rear wheel bearing interchanges, seems to be plenty, but all seem hard to find, looks like the skf one might be the easiest to find, from hungary. 

https://www.yoyopart.com/oem/5633098/skf-vkba737.html#interchange

Edited by Mark Wainwright

On 31/12/2015 at 11:18, CharlieCroker said:

Rear lower link bushes, anyone find the alternative? 

ive been looking for these, i wondered if it was possibly a front strut bush of some kind from MG`s but ive not had a chance to check.. they have to be something findable.  

someone needs to go to beaulieau autojumble with a pocket full of eclat bushes and bearings ;)

SJs sold me some top hat style poly bushes for these. Much easier to fit into the lower link. I couldn't even get the original ones (from LBs) in without massive distortion so gave up.

Only thing I have found is that the metal bush centres are very tight on the hub carrier bolt - so much so that I destroyed one trying to fit it. That was with a new hub bolt as well!

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Engine mount rubbers I believe are Bedford CF 2300.

Quinton Hazel EM1448

Good call. Only difference is that these ones don't have the alignment circle thing (although not a huge issue).

On 19/09/2018 at 23:03, pbharcourt said:

Engine mount rubbers I believe are Bedford CF 2300.

Quinton Hazel EM1448

On 20/09/2018 at 02:09, soldave said:

Good call. Only difference is that these ones don't have the alignment circle thing (although not a huge issue).

yes, i bought some and screwed a small tapping screw in for the alignment pin.. not sure why i didnt update the spreadsheet..  cheers, doing it now.    i think there are some vauxhall ones that are also similar, viva maybe, and has the pins but not tried so dont know if they are correct

7 hours ago, Mark Wainwright said:

yes, i bought some and screwed a small tapping screw in for the alignment pin.. not sure why i didnt update the spreadsheet..  cheers, doing it now.    i think there are some vauxhall ones that are also similar, viva maybe, and has the pins but not tried so dont know if they are correct

I just put mine on and hopefully it won't move out of position!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Heater matrix valve: Volvo 240

Elite/ Éclat S2 getrag gearbox, clutch linings: Triumph 2500

Elite/ Éclat S2 piston rings, bottom and middle only not top ring: Vauxhall Victor VX4/90 2000cc

• Like 1

Ok made a mistake with the piston rings!

The Vauxhall top two rings are 1.98mm thick and the lotus ones are about 1.5mm.

I was using Cords rings which are cupped thin spring steel rings and they fitted in fine but the iron rings won't fit, sorry guys! 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Crankshaft thrust washers for the 907 are Land rover series 2 and 3.

That's according to the Vandevell catalogue which I have just bought off flebay.

Do you think the same thrust washers will work in a 912?

Pete

I have a 912, they look exactly the same and I will be buying some......but I can't guarantee they are the same until I get them in my greasy little hands!

I will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Camshaft oil seals are Nitrile rubber single lip oil seals imperial     1 1/2" X 2 1/4" X 3/8" or     metric 38mm X 57mm X 10mm.

Easy to find on eBay, I have gone for the imperial size.

• Like 1

The rdent.com website (classic lotus spares dealer in the us) has the original drawings of most systems and parts names and codes .

its in the manuals sections, that should help in identifying the parts + official names. 

Lotusbits will have used ones

3 hours ago, Straker said:

The rdent.com website (classic lotus spares dealer in the us) has the original drawings of most systems and parts names and codes .

its in the manuals sections, that should help in identifying the parts + official names. 

Lotusbits will have used ones

Thanks Rob, I'll take a look. Thats very helpful. Lotusbits have asked me to send photos/diagrams of the bits I need and they will see if they have some. Fingers cerossed! Cheers. :thumbup:

Are lotusbits best contacted by phone?.....

I've dropped them a couple of emails and had no reply........just thought I'd ask

Thanks

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

5 minutes ago, theelanman said:

Are lotusbits best contacted by phone?.....

I've dropped them a couple of emails and had no reply........just thought I'd ask

Thanks

G

Yes, definitely best to call them, they used to be it by a lot of spam (probably due to publicising the email address for so long), so good chance emails get picked up erroneously by the filters, even if the emails get through phone requests would take priority.