Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Here we go again....baby seats in Evora - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Here we go again....baby seats in Evora

DanChantler

Ok....so after a lot of trying and testing I still couldn't decide.....so I've ended up with a pair of the Recaro ysh......i did however go down the route of a single quinny zapp pushchair......the other child is ok for walking but if she needs a rest I have a rucksack thing.....as for room in the boot....the zapp takes up about 1/3 of it.....I'll try to get some pics.......

Pic added

IMAG0754.jpg

The wheels come off and I could have put them in the rear wing rather than on top of the chair.....

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just the original zapp......the joy of eBay......£40..........

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

That's great! Is it sturdy as a buggy?

It seems pretty study..... Just sack cloth type material.   Not sure I'll use it every journey but as it's our second / travel buggy its great for storing it away or travelling with it.  It's got a shoulder strap too which is helpful.  

Edited by LazyDonkey

@theelanman How are you getting on with the YSH now that you've had them for a month? My daughter is just about 15kg now so could get away with the Milano, but part of me is still reluctant to move away from a more substantial seat like the young sport.

Has anyone tried the monza? I know it was accidentally discussed earlier in the thread when it was mixed up with the milano. I can't find any specs stating it's length, but I do like the idea of the isofix attachment.

Sorry to drag this up again!!:hope:

theyre good......

no real issues.......altho' I do keep swapping them in and out of cars so am fairly expert at that

the kids seems to like them...they have all the extra padding in at the minute but we might be getting to the point of taking her extra padding out........no fuss really......

don't know what else to say........:thumbup:

Do you want to try one?.....

youre only round the corner......

youre more than welcome to try to fit one of mine in yours......

That's a very kind offer, but I think that I'm just going to bite the bullet and order one so that it's here for when the car arrives. If it's no good it's easy enough to send back, but I want to be able to take my daughter out in the car as soon as possible.

It's all part of my grand plan to turn her into a car enthusiast so that we can gang up on my wife at the time of future car purchases....

• 2 years later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi everyone,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’ve just put down a deposit on an Evora S Sports Racer and need to find a seat for my 2 year old son (group 1 I think although he will probably be group 2 soon). Interesting reading through this thread but given it was from 2016 I just wondered if there was now a newer recommended seat? A lot of the Recaros mentioned seem to be out of stock at the usual places John Lewis, Halfords so wondered what people are using now?

Anyone tried a Recaro Monza Nova IS https://en.recaro-cs.com/child-seats/9-36-kg/monza-nova-is.html ?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

Edited by paranoidandroid

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Do Recaro still do a Milano? That looks like your best bet:

Edited to add: hmmm, at 2yo, he might still be a bit small for the current Milano. 

Yes, unfortunately I think he is still a bit young for that as he was 2 in September. He is around 12.7kg as well. 

Young sport (hero or normal) probably still the way to go. It's a big seat and it means the pax seat has to be most of the way forward unless you take rear padding out (see other parts of this thread). 

We moved to a milano (my son is. 3.5 now) and that frees up a tonne of space. 

He's in my car every weekend and we frequently go on day trips as a family of 3. Tbh it's one of the main reasons I've not changed the car as there's nothing else that gives me as much back and can be used as viable transport. 

I've got 2 young sport hero's which I'm about to sell.......the kids have grown into the milano........

The seat works from group 1 to 3 but I decided that the milano in the evora was better.....and I'd already bought other seats for the daily drivers

Let me know if your interested 

It is a big seat but the best for the job for little ones to start.....but too big when they grow up......it works well in standard cars too.....

Cheers 

G

• 11 months later...

Resurrected topic in case it is of some use to new or prospective new owners.

Tried loads of seats, settled on the Joie Elevate as this was the only one that enabled our 2.5 year old sufficient leg space (when either straight or bent)...passenger still seat needs to be all the way forward.

Recaro Young hero sport no good as too much of the base overhangs the seat floor.

Brittax Evolva SL (soft latch isofix) worked really well but less legroom than the Joie.

Cybex impact shield seats fit really well but our little one didn’t like the mechanism (having been used to harnesses in her current stage 1 seat).

Whole bunch of others just simply didn’t fit, didn’t allow enough leg room or had ‘belt crunch’.

Stage 2/3 seats give more options but our little one has not reached that age/weight yet to be able to use.

Thanks for this! My baby about to turn 6 months so waiting for her to be big enough for the group 1 seats. I liked the look of the recaro but looked like it overhung a lot.

The Joie looks like a nice compact choice. 

Would you mind posting a photo?

• Gold FFM

I have a Recaro Young sport Hero and there is no way we can get anyone in the passenger seat when my son is in his seat. Mainly due to his legs unable to bend therefore sticking straight out. This means I have to fold the passenger seat forward. This is an S1, later cars may be better.

Taking the rear seat out would help but he’s now 3 and over 15kg so I think I’m going to switch to the next one up. Is the Milano still recommended?

• 7 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but just wondered if anyone had any success with a smaller car seat for the rear of an S1 Evora? Looks like the Recaro Milano is no longer sold anywhere. Does anyone have anything else that fits nicely? As mentioned above have a Young Sport Hero but my son is now big enough to move to the next seat and hopefully get something with a smaller base, preferably isofix. 

Anyone any experience with the Cybex Pallas S-Fix mentioned above?