Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Here we go again....baby seats in Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Here we go again....baby seats in Evora

DanChantler

I know this subject has been discussed many times but searching forums and the general web it seems nothing has been updated on this since 2012 (from what I can find anyway).

Therefore as I am potentially buying one on Monday I wanted to revisit in case there had been any other seats people had tried that they would recommend.

I know the Britax Evolva has been suggested for the group 1-3 but wondered if any one had something more recent? I currently have a maxi cosi tobi for my 18mth old and a maxi cost rodifix for my 4.5 year old. I think the rodifix may fit the back ok (and is isofix) but got a feeling the tobi will be a little tight for the wife to sit without holding her breathe for the entire journey. Apparently breathing is a must have for her....

Assuming the rodifix does work (if anyone can verify that it would save an argument with the wife on why we need 4 baby seats...) I am mainly looking for a group1 seat that def works in the back.

Thanks and apologies for bringing this up again....

Cheers

Dan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi

i have just bougth the cybex juno fix, group1 and fit perfectly in the rear seat, also the front bumper is a great design to have the kid safe in case of a front crash ( or just hard breaking !! )

to even gain more space i ve removed all of the back seats and now i can push my seat at is maximum with the baby seat just in the back ( not to be done with the baby in his seat;) )

so no flidding of removing the baby seat when driving alone.

The tobi will fit but its that deep you will have no room in the front, the rodifix im not sure. I have a non isofix rodi and it does fit ok. A lot depends on the size of the child, if their knees are level with the front of the sat then there legs can drop down its ok. If their legs are shorter so stick out then no. Ive got piccys somewhere, i will try and dig them out.

Gav

When I got mine 18 months ago my kids were nearly 4 and 18 months. I have always used a britax evolva 123 for the youngest which is great. The eldest has always just used a booster cushion - because the rear seats are relatively high on the evora the seatbelt is at a perfect height, where as in a normal car she would have looked like she was going to get decapitated on just the booster cushion!

Worth a try - my ultra protective wife didn't like the idea at first (saying she was too young not to be in a proper car seat) but when she saw it she was fine.

cheers

Chris

Cheers guys. Much appreciated. I am swaying towards the evolva and either the rodifix works or I'll buy a booster cushion 

cheers again 

Yes, this is the seat that is recommended in the hand book. However Dan's (welcome to the forum mate:thumbup:) question is a good one as Lotus did the test ~6 years ago so there maybe newer seats out there that work better. Also, if my memory serves me well they didn't have the Britax Evolva 123 in their test; which like others, I've been using for the last 5 years.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just to update this thread as it seems to be a question that comes up again and again - and i've done sh*t loads of research ! :D     Sorry if this is the wrong thread - if it is point me in the direction of the right one and i'll update that.   Usage wise we've got one kid who's now 10 months old, and chariot wise it's either my evora, my 9 year old astra or my wife's 500.  So we're used to packing light !   That being said the evora is never going to be our first choice car for a 2 week trip away but i want it to be my go to choice for a day trip at the weekend if possib.e 

We used the Maxi-cosi cabriofix in the front for the first 9 months (turning airbag off) and it worked fine with just the boy and i, but my wife was rather less happy about being int he back.   And she's only 5'1.

I bought a Recaro Young Sport and fitted it a few weeks ago.  As others hvae said, its the recommended seat....i looked at the Britax and well to be honest it's just not cool enough for the evora so it wasn't going in. 

With the seat alone you can push the pax about 4 or 5 clicks back from fully forward and there's plenty room for a normal sized person in the front.  If you need more space then the seat isn't hard to get in and out although it's a bit art until you get the hang of it.    With him in his seat i usually have the seat all the way forward to give him a bit more leg room.  Thankfully my wife is 5'1 so its not an issue.   Did a 2 hour round trip like that with my mate who's "average" height and whilst it wasn't Bentley relaxing for him he didn't complain about getting in for the way back.   I

From all the research i've done there doesn't seem to be any group 1 seats (ie 9kg / 9months and up) which are any less "deep" than the recaro so not sure if you'd gain more legroom there.    I looked into taking the padding out to give me more space but to be honest it's working fine for us right now and i don't want the back to look unfinished. 

Next up for us is to start looking strollers as our Bugaboo Chameleon doesn't fit in the boot and is just monsterous.   

So far i know that the quinny yazz fits, i'm assuming the zapp fits and the Mothercare XSS fits easily.   Now just need to work out which is best for us and which other options (if any) fit in the rear footwell.......as that leaves the boot for luggage. 

I'll get some pics and keep this thread updated if it's of interest.

• Like 2

I have the monza in mine and it's brilliant! Releases so much room from a leg room perspective. Roughly 5 inches. I have a thread in here somewhere with pics of it in my Evora. 

• Like 1

someone asked about a pram/pushchair

Boothy has an XXS buggy....which I think is from Mothercare......from his pics it looks like it fits perfectly

tucks under the side (either side....say where the tyre foam is)....and in total looks like it takes up about 20% of the boot....

I'll try to find the pics....

cheers

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Yeah saw that on the evora FB page.   Tried the buggy in mothercare but mrs donkey didn't think it was substantial enough, plus no rain cover.   I would hvae gone for it anyway but she wasn't for messing.   

So now looking at something that will go in the footwell or fill the boot. 

4 hours ago, LazyDonkey said:

Already done on here i think - Recaro Monza maybe?

Ah my bad - i think it's a Recaro Milano.........although in my defence Stuno1 agreed with me and he bought the seat lol 

(pics stolen from Stu)

F0DF7294-D384-4523-B70C-BA1805BB6B0B_zps

AA093E9D-227E-44A5-9864-9D5BA530D954_zps

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_12/image.jpeg.337f7b46e3a5e64fe890ee7c374d67be.jpeg

....found cos i got all excited about the monza being group 1. 

Then got confused as it's the same size as the Young sport. 

Then did a search. 

Then found the above 

:D

Edited by LazyDonkey
  • Like 1

On 4 April 2016 at 15:14, LazyDonkey said:

Yeah saw that on the evora FB page.   Tried the buggy in mothercare but mrs donkey didn't think it was substantial enough, plus no rain cover.   I would hvae gone for it anyway but she wasn't for messing.   

So now looking at something that will go in the footwell or fill the boot. 

While some other buggy's 'fit' in the boot you are left with no room to store anything else. Fine for a day out, pointless if like us you plan weekends away.

i narrowed it down to the babyzen and the XXS, sadly the babyzen is just too big to fit so the only option is the XXS. Whilst aesthetically it was not our preference and it lacks any real sun shade it is the only option, so it's that or no weekends away...

as for not being sturdy it does not feel sturdy but is actually really well engineered and is not falling apart, my little boy prefers it to being in his icandy peach3... I am guessing it's pretty comfy :)

For us it boiled down to the fact that most of the time we are out in the BM so he's in the icandy, for the odd time we use the evora the XXS allows us to do any shopping or take luggage. My wife is a total pram snob but even she agrees it does the job we need it to perfectly. 

Oh oh and it's very light ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

using the back seat (half my daughter is not on) as storage means we can do weekends and take the buggy. Just have to pack light.

Why pack light when you can fill 70-80% of the boot plus the back seat? We would never get our stuff just on the back seat for a weekend away.

Totally agree that the xss is technically the best and would be the most suitable option. My wife disagrees (for now) 

Have you ever tried arguing with your wife when it comes to buggies :cry:

Edited by LazyDonkey

27 minutes ago, LazyDonkey said:

Totally agree that the xss is technically the best and would be the most suitable option. My wife disagrees (for now) 

:lol: I'm glad it's not just me then. However, I pulled out the trump card, as before we had kids we had an agreement that anything with a plug or wheels was my domain and choice!

That XSS does look a tidy bit if kit. We have an O'Baby buggy which fits in the boot but takes most of it up.

3 hours ago, LazyDonkey said:

Yep, sadly... She really did not like the XXS and wanted the babyzen as at first I thought both would fit. Sadly the babyzen won't go in the boot or even on the back seat with the car seat due to the size of the fold. ( it folds in the same style as the XXS).

Most of the high end buggy's suffer the same way leaving things like the quinny (which neither of us like the look of) or umbrella strollers. All of which take up the boot, so for us the practicality of the XXS fold won out over the styling.

We are getting a bolt on sunshade for taking it on holiday.

My wife still complains every time we are out with it, women like to be seen with a cool buggy. In my mind if someone is looking at me thinking I have a crap buggy well they don't have an evora ;) 

As I said before my little lad loves it too :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4 April 2016 at 00:26, chylld said:

Ironically a Maclaren doesn't fit in a McLaren.

I can confirm that a MacLaren (Quest) definitely fits in an Evora boot:

826B538A-5D0A-45AF-BBF0-4134C71F6CDD_zps

There's a bit of spare room, but not much. Maybe enough for a nappy bag and a soft holdall. 

• Like 1