Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on Esprit S4 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on Esprit S4

As the topic suggests, it's time for some tyres.  

I've worn my current Eagle F1 GS-D3s down to the bone and over the course of 15 years have tried Pirelli P Zeros, Dunlop Sport 9000s, Toyo Proxes and GS-D2 and GS-D3 Eagles.   My favourites were the GS-D2 and Sport 9000s and I utterly hated the P Zeros.   So time for something new...  and I've had great experiences with Rainsport 2 in the past on the daily driver.

They were quiet and grippy and afforded a moderately good lifespan.

So, the question, has anyone out there put Rainsport 3s on their Esprit and do they have any feedback to contribute?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had them on my S4..... oddly enough it was a commemorative just like yours.

They were an OK road tyre but as I did a few track days, they made track days more of a drift day affair but they just don't wear out!!!

Predictable though, but not much grip.

Toyo T1r's all the way for me.

I've got Michelin Pilot Sport on the rear of the Esprit, and I reckon they're very good. The fronts are Michelin Pilot MXX but I'm not so keen on them, but to be fair I haven't driven too many miles on them . I had Pilot Sport on my MGZT, and they were superb, but I'm not sure if they're still being made in the right size for the Esprit these days?

Margate Exotics.

On my 91 Esprit, I had to go with Firestone Firehawks to get a matching set.  I've had them for 6 months and driven about 1,000 miles on them so far.  No issues at the moment, but I'm not really driving aggressively with them either.  Had to use 195/55  Indy Oval 15 inch for the fronts as I couldn't find the 215/50 size in a matching set.  The rears are 245/50 Indy Oval Wide 16 inch and are the standard recommended size.  However, some Esprit owners have swapped out for larger sizes in both front and rear tires so that's why I list their sizes in case you went bigger.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.