Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What do you do/did you do, in spare time? - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What do you do/did you do, in spare time?

Kimbers

As an addition to the post what do you do? I thought it would be cool to see what everyone does in their spare time.

Now, I'm boring and collect WW1 postcards and stuff, play pool and poker etc. But I used to do cool stuff like race bikes. This is me (yes funny ha ha I wore pink :D ) in one of the cheapest forms of racing, race what you ride, where you used to turn up, tape up the lights and race other road bike users for prizes and tropheys. This was at Cadwell just before I high sided and broke both myself and my bike.

IMGP2690.jpg

So lets see em!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

af974c1d.jpg

...I fancy myself a guitar player, but I may be better at building and restoring them :huh: (66 Fender Mustang seen in pic, restored from spare parts by me. Also my hair is longer and more in control now, thank you :D.)

Experimenting with designing fiberglass guitar bodies, am working on a Fender Jazzmaster copy... from wood this time. Slow progress on that one but I ought to get it done soon, because I need a beater I can tour with...

...as I have a band now, finally :D I may someday subject myself to your collective judgement with clips soon, but only once we've finally recorded something that actually features me as the guitarist. With any luck, your first listen to Slade music will be on the radio.

Too bad a 4x12 stack won't fit in the Esprit :D

...other than that, I try to get out surfing every once in a while, which doesn't work out much lately. I also enjoy sleeping.

also, I inspire erotica. Hey. It's a hobby

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

A different kind of bike racing. I'm the yellow and blue guy hanging on up the hill in Prospect Park in Brooklyn early one Sunday morning last April. It wasn't very warm, but the daffoldils were out as you can see.post-1537-1168997707.jpg Age has definitely slowed me down, but I'm still making it hurt for some of the other old guys. Lance Armstrong never had to worry about me though...

Wristwatches. Ive been collecting since I was 12. Vintage Rolex, Omega, Breitling, chunky old Seiko divers and chronos, and my favorite-------->Panerai! And a few others.

Hand made Schwinn Home Grown mountain bicycles. I have 2. One full suspension one hard tail.

Old school audiophile-grade car audio. Zapco (or anything Zed made), A/D/S, etc.

-Dylan

*EDIT: After reading the next post by Andecorp, I realized that I didnt include weight training. Although I look NOTHING like him.

Edited by diver_dylan

This is me on stage:

AC1.gif

I also do Supreme Court Appeal trials for fun and of course, play with my cars :D

Edited by andecorp

me last week, first attempt on a box :D

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Erm...

Bit like Kimbers (is that a ZRX750? - I rather like Cadwell!) - I like my bikes - I have nine registered bikes - but three of those spares for the other six!

Honda VF1000 FII Bol d'Or

Yamaha FZR1000 Genesis

Ducati 851 Monoposto

Suzuki RG500 sguare 4 two stroke GP replica

Kawasaki GPz750 Unitrack

RD125LC (owned from new - my first bike!)

Here are some of them:

Picture_6145.jpg

bikes.12.jpg

bikes.7small.jpg

Then there's the modelmaking - mainly aircraft:

Picture_6338.jpg

Picture_5121.jpg

Plus lots of others - here's my site

Have fun!

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Collecting Led Zeppelin bootlegs and DVDs, 176 separate gigs so far, anyone going to see the Honeydrippers Feb 14th at Dudley?. I also do plastic model kits (Iain that's a nice FW190D if I'm not mistaken?).

That is of course when I'm not standing outside with a cup of coffee admiring my Esprit!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hiya Mat - no - you're not mistaken - a 1:32 Fw 190D-9 to be exact :)

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

in my spare time i do some small-time real estate: buy lovely old houses, renovate and rent them out. i have 5 properties - almost all fully renovated. i find it super rewarding. especailly when tenants love a place. i have 27 tenants - including 2 married lesbians! its awesome! :)

right now im building a little art studio for myself - its nearly finished. there i will spread out my old paints and get messed up!

but when the houses etc are under control i hang out absorbing mind altering substances with friends and draw stuff like this :)

bubble%20chamber%20copy.jpg

recently ive been approached to do more constructive things with my art like concepts for movies, books, etc... theres some pretty cool ideas out there!

i also like to hike the local mountains and hit the gym - but my new favourite thing is to go drifting with my esprit late at night in big wet empty parking lots. if i lived in the uk with you guys id probably join robins crazy tunnel runs!

factory.jpg

Bit like Kimbers (is that a ZRX750? - I rather like Cadwell!)

Iain

Yep, my fave bike ever ever ever. Just after they unrestricted them so had well over 125bhp, handled on rails and so pretty that I would rather dump girlfriends over the bike :)

Had alot of bikes too (12 in 10 years) last one being a 916SP fully race tuned. So been bikeless since my boys were 2 (thats 6 years) and just starting to contemplate a nice new Honda Custom.....I'm not getting any younger and the new 1800 cc one looks an absolute beast! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

me too along time ago, i used to freak my mates out when i used to just free line an outline then be able to make a complete piece from it, i never made lettering i just worked in a free outline then added the internals.

'Kimbers' bounded fourth on'Jan 18 2007 at 11:14 AM in post 80486 with the following mini-review of his ZXR750 rocket

Yep, my fave bike ever ever ever. Just after they unrestricted them so had well over 125bhp, handled on rails and so pretty that I would rather dump girlfriends over the bike :P

Had alot of bikes too (12 in 10 years) last one being a 916SP fully race tuned. So been bikeless since my boys were 2 (thats 6 years) and just starting to contemplate a nice new Honda Custom.....I'm not getting any younger and the new 1800 cc one looks an absolute beast! :(

Yep - good handling machine - although, IIRC, a bit twitchy at times on the Queens highway as (certainly on the ones I rode) a somewhat 'hard' rear end! B)

916 - nice bike - I rather like Dukes - great handling - and the NOISE!!! :):):P:P

Never really been into the Custom Thang - although I'd love to have a go on a Truimph Rocket III - all 2.3 litres of the thing... Saw them being tested prior to launch up at Bruntingthorpe (we were doing some pre-season testing with a freinds Radical) and boy were they flying round the track - sounded like the engines were just ticking over! :(

Have fun...

Iain

I used to love model making and still occasionally do when I have the time... last binge created a 55 Chevy and a black Esprit. They're voodoo dolls.

Now I just date models as a hobby B) though come to think of it... me+cement glue+kate moss sounds like endless fun :(

Mark, what year is that strat? looks straight out of the 70s :lol: all it needs is a black guard and brass hardware :P What sort of amp do you play into?

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I play da piano... badly :lol: . And the drums and guitar.

And do quite a lot of running

And take lots of photographs... badly... trying to get better though (have my first dslr now). :P

I spent far too much "spare time" in front of the computer (have a PC in the car and I'm always playing...)

And I have 2 kids which take up most of the time, but I love 'em to bits! :(:(

post-319-1169239791.jpg