Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2016 TLF International Lotus Day - Page 2 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2016 TLF International Lotus Day

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

While I've informed many people of this event so they can all come and enjoy it, no-one from Pistonheads is allowed to this free, non-commercial event since it's advertising! Bless. no wonder the Lotus section is dead! Bookmark deleted. 

My username on there was BibsTLF, I think most people thought I worked for Transport for London anyway :lol: 

You have been warned on a number of occasions about advertising your web site on the forums, and today you are again advertising an event which is against the forum rules. Your username also contains reference to a commercial business which is against the rules.

From what I can see you have had two "final warnings" in the past so by rights we should be banning you from the forums.

Please change your username to remove the TLF reference (reverting the bibs would be fine) and post back here confirm that you understand the forums can not be used for unauthorised advertising.

This really is your last chance.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

What an utter load of rollocks 

i would suggest you change your username so as not to upset them. Try "thelotusforumsceo" that might be better :P

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

You have been warned!!!! Lol. I'd actually forgotten Pistonheads still existed, not been on for about 4 years.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

13 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

And the people who run piston heads are meant to be car guys ! 

Pistonheads changed remarkably once haymarket took over, at least Garlick understood what made it tick but then he went too and their latest iterations of management since have been unbelievably poor.

Black n gold

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, larc said:

Am I missing something here as this event is not listed on the Brooklands website? http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/day/2016/05/08/

I don't have a Lotus, but is it possible to still attend?

Although its on the 'Brooklands' site, the main meeting isn't actually within the museum boundaries and not being promoted as part of their own calendar of events. As a Brooklands volunteer steward myself, I would love them to have a dedicated Lotus event but sadly, the marque isn't really anywhere near old enough to be of real interest to the organisers.

Generally, they try to encourage marque clubs where the car types represented might have raced at Brooklands in period (1907-1939) but, having said that, income is king and they will accept any club that's willing to pay the entrance fee! ;)

Edited by Spinney

Which is why our event is based at MBW in the main,  with side (optional) elements at Brooklands.  We have discussed moving it to Brooklands fully but I like to keep this event as a free one to all who wish to attend. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm sure that's the right decision and is likely to attract more owners who, if they choose, can always walk over to the museum to take a look around anyhow. They would have to pay to get in, of course, but it's worth the effort. OK, I may be a bit biased! :)

Edited by Spinney

I heard about this event on another forum ( not PH!) and there was mention of registering to attend?

I hope to come along on the day in one of my Elans, I generally avoid the concours as I tend to lose points for having the wrong engine!

regards

Alan

image.jpeg.f599d819a8a32341ec061ffbe6b1f

:thumbsup:

Hi Alan,

No judgments here.....welcome.....

Look forward to seeing you and the car at Brooklands.

Cheers

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

My husband tells me that this has all be arrange as part of my birthday celebration. I  therefore would like to thank everyone who is coming to my 'surprise' party on the 8th which I understand also includes a spa day! A special thanks to Bibs for organising and given his recent loss, I'd be happy to let him look at and listen to my 400 (but no touching) Charlotte. 

• Like 1