Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 14 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

13 hours ago, NW76 said:

The strionger „internals“ for the manual gearbox are not listed online ... thats what you should ask for... but I think they are originally from @Hangar 111?!?

We have some uprated selector forks, which we are also doing for Daniel at KT.

But as @NW76 says, once over the mystical 500nm, failures may occur more often, and you probably need to be looking spending money either on parts for the box, or the sequential (but that is hard work on a road car) or DSG options.

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, NW76 said:

Who needs 700whp in an Exige? ... seriously ... I still remeber a guy that I met once with an about 500 whp turbo charged (Audi Engine) Elise... the car was undriveable. It sometimes had 200m wheel spin when accellerating out of a corner. In the end his lap times proabaly were slower than what I could do in my tuned M4....

There is a balance of how much hp a chassis and setup can digest... 460hp in an EX460 is plenty... you need to fix other things to reach the next performance level aside from pure power, else more power will not make you faster it will make you slower - at least on a track (I am not taking drag racing)...    

This is spot on, also there comes a point where you question whether it's worth the money. Personally when you start looking at over £100k spend on something that will have seriously high running costs it's just not worth it.  If you want something faster for track a Radical is a more suitable option.

I guess the other alternative is a 3-eleven at 470hp which would likely be faster than a 500hp+ Exige as it has a lot less weight and more tyre and aero working.

2 hours ago, NW76 said:

Who needs 700whp in an Exige? ... seriously ... I still remeber a guy that I met once with an about 500 whp turbo charged (Audi Engine) Elise... the car was undriveable. It sometimes had 200m wheel spin when accellerating out of a corner. In the end his lap times proabaly were slower than what I could do in my tuned M4....

There is a balance of how much hp a chassis and setup can digest... 460hp in an EX460 is plenty... you need to fix other things to reach the next performance level aside from pure power, else more power will not make you faster it will make you slower - at least on a track (I am not taking drag racing)...    

I agree with you 100%. But I just wondered if anyone had done it.

If people are spending 25-30k on TVS1900 and forged internals for 500hp, those people may be playing a numbers game and should probably have gone turbo.

I think every ex460 owner has said how pleased they are with their upgrade, same goes for the TVS1900 upgrade - these two upgrades are pushing out 410 - 450bhp.

I've not heard any negatives at all - now all of a sudden 450bhp is the fun limit. Sure, there are other matters to think about (gearbox and engine internals) but fun with the chassis? Come on, some of you must be at least a bit interested to get behind the wheel of an ex500.

I'm not sure what my car makes exactly - lets say 407bhp. My thoughts were this is more fun, the car has come alive, but, and most crucially has taken none of the what makes it fun to drive away - it is still a Lotus. As far as I can see more ooommppphhhhh does not compromise the package.

If anyone has driven an ex500 or faster I would be grateful for feedback.

• Like 1

Same for me - no desire for more. There is other things I would do now than power. 

Not saying that the EX500 is too much for the chassis, it is probably a lot of fun and still pretty driveable. I doubt though that the car is much faster than an EX460 on a track. What really bothers me with it though is that its well beyond the limit of the gearbox and that you really need uprated engine internals. Imho with that you are getting into power dimensions were you might run the risk of just have one issue after another and very little gain in lap time if any. 

My next steps would be stronger clutch, short ratio gearbox (5th and 6th are way too long) and next level of suspension (some kind of 3way) that also enables a higher camber setting (not sure if this would be Oehlins, Nitron or maybe even KW Competition) ... then I want the wheel arch vents to improve front downforce... 

6 hours ago, BfranklynV6 said:

I agree with you 100%. But I just wondered if anyone had done it.

If people are spending 25-30k on TVS1900 and forged internals for 500hp, those people may be playing a numbers game and should probably have gone turbo.

Not sure if a turbo conversion really would be cheaper - If you want something that is sustainable on a race track you will need cooling also on the Turbo.... and uprated internals will be necessary as well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I guess the other alternative is a 3-eleven at 470hp which would likely be faster than a 500hp+ Exige as it has a lot less weight and more tyre and aero working.

What a brilliant idea.....Hmmmmmm...thinking....thinking....thinking

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NW76 said:

Same for me - no desire for more. There is other things I would do now than power. 

Not saying that the EX500 is too much for the chassis, it is probably a lot of fun and still pretty driveable. I doubt though that the car is much faster than an EX460 on a track. What really bothers me with it though is that its well beyond the limit of the gearbox and that you really need uprated engine internals. Imho with that you are getting into power dimensions were you might run the risk of just have one issue after another and very little gain in lap time if any. 

I hear you, I can see you opinion. But the 475 kit on the 3-11 is pushing out 475hp and 490NM - Daniel must think that is safe for the engine internals and box else he wouldn't sell it. And I bet the owners of these modified 3-11s are having a riot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NW76 said:

My next steps would be stronger clutch, short ratio gearbox (5th and 6th are way too long) and next level of suspension (some kind of 3way) that also enables a higher camber setting (not sure if this would be Oehlins, Nitron or maybe even KW Competition) ... then I want the wheel arch vents to improve front downforce... 

did you upgrade front and rear anti rollbars ?

3 hours ago, 550superfast said:

I hear you, I can see you opinion. But the 475 kit on the 3-11 is pushing out 475hp and 490NM - Daniel must think that is safe for the engine internals and box else he wouldn't sell it. And I bet the owners of these modified 3-11s are having a riot.

Those figures still seem to be sustainable you are right ... but I am not too far away from that with 458hp and 480NM ... doesnt make sense for me to invest the money needed to get to less than 10 NM more and a little more peak power ... 

3 hours ago, geartox said:

did you upgrade front and rear anti rollbars ?

Not yet but thats on the list as well ... 

2 hours ago, NW76 said:

Those figures still seem to be sustainable you are right ... but I am not too far away from that with 458hp and 480NM ... doesnt make sense for me to invest the money needed to get to less than 10 NM more and a little more peak power ... 

Not yet but thats on the list as well ... 

Adjustable ARBs are great, but I honestly can't explain how impressed I am with my 3 way Nitrons. Well worth the upgrade!   I'm looking forward to being able to compare with @Arun_D and @alias23 who both went for Ohlins.  I know for sure mine will be better on the road, but I'm interested to see what is the better option on track...

• Like 1

Will be interesting to hear ... the TTX has the reputation to make the car pretty much not very enjoyable anymore on the road but to be phenomenal on track ... the Nitron 3way seems to be a good compromise ...

2 hours ago, geartox said:

you can also adjust the Ohlins for road usage, isn't it ?

The Öhlins I experienced on the Evora Gt430 were very impressive 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

12 hours ago, geartox said:

to follow my feedback about the EX460

https://streamable.com/edvqh

Nicht and day! As @NW76 and I have always said, the EX460 is a real transformation. 

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!