Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 5 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

Thx Norbert...maybe you come over to the HHR on 13.-15th. May SportAuto Tuner GP. We bring the Ariel with 550PS a 2-11 and a EX460 with us.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 27. April 2016 at 07:45, Win911 said:

Thx Norbert...maybe you come over to the HHR on 13.-15th. May SportAuto Tuner GP. We bring the Ariel with 550PS a 2-11 and a EX460 with us.

Hi Win,

how did you guys do at the Tuner GP this weekend? Cant wait to hear...

Cheers

Norbert

• 3 weeks later...

Guys - I am thinking of taking the plunge.... current thoughts are:

phase 1 - power upgrade and larger fuel tank

phase 2 - upgraded clutch, lsd, close ratio gear set, exhaust

hoping it will be really worth it...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, farook said:

Please keep us updated! What are you using the car for mainly - Road or Track?

www.alias23.com

42 minutes ago, farook said:

Looks very similar to my plan ;-) 

Do you have the Nitrons already?

My Phase 1: Nitrons, Harness and maybe Exhaust 

Phase 2: EX 430 or 460 (not sure yet which one)

Phase 3: LSD, Close Ratio GB

so, please keep us posted ;-)

Fast road/track use.

NW - great minds think alike, since mines a cup already got nitrons.

i will post update.

obviously any owners who have gone down this route any tips and/or updates would be very welcome....

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking that the EX460 car in the videos is using Ohlins rather than Nitrons? If so, what's the consensus on the Ohlins? Are they the best suspension for road and track use?

11 hours ago, ChrisBuer said:

Am I right in thinking that the EX460 car in the videos is using Ohlins rather than Nitrons? If so, what's the consensus on the Ohlins? Are they the best suspension for road and track use?

I would be interested in this too. From reading forums and seeing the "optional ohlins" against every latest ring record I think Ohlins are better.. whether they are the extra cost better over a set of Nitrons someone who knows what they are talking about could probably comment. :)

12 hours ago, ChrisBuer said:

You are right ...

30 minutes ago, RedViper said:

I would be interested in this too. From reading forums and seeing the "optional ohlins" against every latest ring record I think Ohlins are better.. whether they are the extra cost better over a set of Nitrons someone who knows what they are talking about could probably comment. :)

A key question still for me as well...

The Ohlins are a great setup, good on smooth surface, but a bit fierce and crashy on the road in the car I drove with them recently.

If you would like another option, we have the JRZs, which even the entry level one-ways never fail to surprise me with their road manners, and we won a championship on them last year, so track performance goes without saying!  See here: Exige V6 JRZ dampers. There are other JRZ options 2-ways, remotes, etc - I just haven't had chance to get them on the online store yet!  Feel free to give us a shout if you'd like to discuss further.

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111

2 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

The Ohlins are a great setup, good on smooth surface, but a bit fierce and crashy on the road in the car I drove with them recently.

If you would like another option, we have the JRZs, which even the entry level one-ways never fail to surprise me with their road manners, and we won a championship on them last year, so track performance goes without saying!  See here: Exige V6 JRZ dampers. There are other JRZ options 2-ways, remotes, etc - I just haven't had chance to get them on the online store yet!  Feel free to give us a shout if you'd like to discuss further.

Dave

Hi Dave,

do yoz know if that was the Oehlins road or track version?

Best Regards, 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Norbert...

It is the Road&Track Version 46mm Öhlins with stiffer Spring Setup "Track". If you would use it more time on the Road i would prefer the Road Version... The Nitrons are very good but for my opinion only on Track. They are not so smooth on bumpy roads as the Öhlins.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2016 at 14:27, NW76 said:

Hi Dave,

do yoz know if that was the Oehlins road or track version?

Best Regards, 

Sorry, forgot to reply to this.  I'm not sure if it was road or track, but knowing the customer, probably track.

Dave

On 16. Juni 2016 at 07:43, Win911 said:

Hi Norbert...

It is the Road&Track Version 46mm Öhlins with stiffer Spring Setup "Track". If you would use it more time on the Road i would prefer the Road Version... The Nitrons are very good but for my opinion only on Track. They are not so smooth on bumpy roads as the Öhlins.

Thanks Win!

Now my immediate next step is new brake discs ... looks like I killed my OEM front disks yesterday in Spa in the rain... not cooling them down enough ... thought 1/2 lap cool down will do... when I drove home I realized a lot of vibration in the steering wheel when breaking from higher speeds.... no vibration when not braking... 

Thinking about the KoBra4 now... 

Cheers

Norbert

• 2 weeks later...

Very impressive car and driving ... great to see how many 911 GT3 RS you are keeping honest ;-)

Makes me want to go the EX 460 route with mine as well ... I have to go to KomoTec to drive one ...,

• Like 1

I just watched the whole video and was going to say how Porkers don't seem to like moving over for a mere Lotus. Lol.

Great video.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!