Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1984 S3 Turbo Esprit BBS Wheel Restoration 2015 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1984 S3 Turbo Esprit BBS Wheel Restoration 2015

To start off my S3 Restoration I'm starting with the BBS wheels.

Fortunately these were in great condition from go. (1 previous owner) and very well cared for by the looks of things. (Zero rimming) and little or no bubbling rust issues.

Of course I would love to be able to get hold of some Dry Stump Gold Compomotives and be able to fit them onto this S3.

However instead I've organized stripping back the outer rims to the bare metal and powder coating the center with Lotus Gold and replacing the wheel badges with new Silver Badges and new studs.

Giving Steve @ SJ Sports the criteria NO compromise on strip back, finish and execution.

BBS Wheel CloseUp.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

S3 Mayfair.JPG

IMG_3155.2.jpg

Edited by MJK

On 23 December 2015 at 20:59, The Pits said:

Hi Stephen, yes the panel strips on the front and rear, thats on the Radar / list to do. For some reason when the car was resprayed in 1994 Im guessing they missed that. The Front Turbo Esprit decal is being replaced as its faded as is the yellow bonnet badge with a Lotus Factory, gold and black metal badge.

Edited by MJK

This Very Sexy number was up on Ebay last year in the US, some of you may have seen.

2 Owners garaged its entire life.

And had very nice BBS, 'Red' powder coated inners and Polished metal rims. It went for very good money even by 2015 price increases from memory.

IMG_1762.PNG

IMG_1771.PNG