Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Porsche G50 in Esprit V8- Photos - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Porsche G50 in Esprit V8- Photos

I sold my modded Esprit V8. It is headed back to the UK. I never got around to installing the G50 conversion that I bought from Mike Seekinger out of John (Jack?) Hazzard's Esprit V8 race car.

These transmissions (G50/52) seem to fetch a fair amount of money from the mid engine kit car guys due to the fact that they can be made to handle 800+ hp.  I have the trans listed on eBay.

I did want to post some pics of the conversion kits for the Lotus community in case anyone is curious to see how this could be done.

The parts were rather crudely executed so I planned to use them as templates for my install.  The axles and flywheel were nice, so I suppose the rest is cosmetic.

I never personally ran this setup, or saw it in a car.  But I do know that it worked.

Anyway, a bunch of photos are included below.  Hope you find them interesting:

https://plus.google.com/photos/102027227932036227866/albums/6230858942555734353

Rod Wiggins
98 Esprit V8 (SOLD)
70 Porsche 911E  911R tribute
59 Triumph TR3 Le Mans Replica
71 Lotus Elan SE Coupe

Rod

98 Esprit V8

Dynamic Racing Turbos

Water Injection

Factory Red ECU

3 bar MAP piggyback

Straight-through exhaust

TurboXS BOVs

Blitz I-color boost control + Wide-band AFR

Porsche/Getrag G50/52 Transmission (...coming soon someday)

Many thanks.  Was hard to let go of.  I am certain I will regret it, but it was time to move on.  

It is headed to Lancashire.  Maybe you will cross paths with it at an event someday.

Regards,

Rod

Rod

98 Esprit V8

Dynamic Racing Turbos

Water Injection

Factory Red ECU

3 bar MAP piggyback

Straight-through exhaust

TurboXS BOVs

Blitz I-color boost control + Wide-band AFR

Porsche/Getrag G50/52 Transmission (...coming soon someday)

• 5 months later...
  • Like 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• 4 weeks later...
On June 5, 2016 at 10:27, mike_sekinger said:

Wow!  What a beautiful car.   Fantastic look and I'm sure it is great to drive with the mods.    I love the interior as well and the aftermarket wheel (beats the US GM wheel by a mile).     Does anyone know where I can get these exact floor mats??    Cheers!  

image.jpeg