Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 67 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Curious you think that @C8RKH - I have always felt the S1 Evora feels considerably plusher than the later items.The ride in those is pure magic.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I think the S1 feels special @JayEmm. The S1 is more bespoke design, more handbuilt, more custom. The leather. The brushed metal. it just feels more haute! It just feels really special, to ME. 

The 400 is plusher. More finished product in a swish more modern mainstream way.  I truly believe the interior revamp of the 400 was to bring it closer to the Audi RS / Porsche philosophy, product, and experience.

The S1 to me is a classic piece of art. A Van gogh. A Monet. Hugely accomplished and expertly executed.

The 400 is a Tracey Emine. A Damian Hurst. A modern, efficient, slightly more clinical but nevertheless excellent piece.

Sorry. Probably now moving into the "he's talking bollocks" domain. But hopefully you get my drift.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I do. It's no secret at all that I want to move my 400 closer to the 410's philosophy, and many of the tweaks are easily done. New seats already in and working wonders, back seats are in the bin.

Next time I get the geo done I will move to the 410 setup and see how that changes things, it is nice to test each difference "in isolation".

I also would like to put a harness bar in the back of the car eventually, and I really quite like the Schroth harnesses Lotus use, really nice, very high quality and easy to use.

A power upgrade is also quite necessary, having been fortunate enough to drive an Evora with the Swindon engine in, those feel incredibly special and IMHO what the Evora "S" should have been.

James Martin (JayEmm)

It's quite an emotive topic, is this one :)

For me... The 410 isn't enough. For me, the Evora has to be 2+2, otherwise I'd buy an Exige. For me, the 410 isn't enough of a performance hike. For me, the 400 seems a better proposition. For me, I'd like to buy the 410 bootlid for my 400.

And that's just it, 'For me...'

I can't dictate whether someone wants a 410 or a 380Cup, but £ for £, I'd have the 380 Cup I think over a 410 Evora... but if the 410 Evora was a 2+2 then it would be a true no brainer. I'd buy a 410... IF I didn't own a 400.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

I have spoken to the factory before and whilst they can produce a 450bhp Evora in their sleep, there are a lot of economic and practical realities preventing that from being the case... for now.

James Martin (JayEmm)

My (unfounded) impression is the gearbox is the limiting factor. Not a lotus item of course - bought from Toyota and I get the impression that the are only warrantied for around 302lbs.ft.

If lotus want to put more torque through it, then they'll need to pick up the warranty themselves. 

When the 410 was released the spec sheet quoted max torque of 302lbs.ft. Same as the 400. Until I pointed out the engine has to be making at least 307lbs.ft to make 410PS at the states rpm. At which point the spec sheet was changed to max torque of 307.....

The deal with Lotus & Toyota doesn't involved any sort of warranty. They limit the power to protect their own warranty budget, Toyota don't contribute at all. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

What @Bibs says is what I have also understood from my interactions with the factory. Unless they receive something clearly defective, Toyota don't have any sort of responsibility.

The issues they have usually related to emissions,budget,etc... This is why engines are so expensive to make now, with dieselgate things are only getting more difficult too

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 2017-6-6 at 19:36, JayEmm said:

I expect in countries where modifications are difficult or illegal, and the Elise/Exige unavailable, the 410 might make perfect sense

I haven't watched the video or anything like that, but I think this is the point. When it was first announced my immediate thought was that it was primarily for the US market, and I still think that's the case.I'd love to have a go in one of course...

6 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Oh heck I had a feeling it would look good in MG. It's going to go so well with the carbon. Off to Howards Lotus's website. I may be some time.... please let it not have a stereo!

:lol: you know full well it's going to be fully spec'd

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Utterly gorgeous colour for a 410. :wub:

But, yes, predictably fully stereo'd up. The word 'sub-woofer' just is a passion killer for me in a 410's description.

Shame, Howards are really speccing some nice colours at the moment. I couldn't drive around in a Porsche coloured Lotus but, in isolation, that purple looks great too.

• Gold FFM

Fire Red @ Silverstone looks great. I saw a half-finished Military Grey car at Hethel today, not my cup of tea but I can see why people like it.

Also saw the Trebor soft-mint Cup 250. Gonna take some more convincing on that one.

Personally I like seeing the cars wear colours from German marques. I see it as a bit of fun.

James Martin (JayEmm)

As someone who went through months of indecision trying to choose between an Exige 350 and Evora 410 the decision came from driving them back to back at Hethel.  They felt equally rapid but I preferred the feeling of the Evora under braking and more importantly the steering was better.  The unassisted steering of the Exige needed much more physical effort which, to my mind, detracted from the process of positioning the car. So I came to the view that the Evora 410 was better on track and it had the added advantage that it was a better GT car.  I didn't try a 400 on track but I did try it on the road and it didn't feel as alert as the 410.  Decision made.

But as has been said in previous posts - each to their own.  There isn't a bad Lotus when it comes to handling ? 

• Like 1